Menu. The Scuppernong segment of the Ice Age trail hikes up and down over kettles of ha It's a Other size geocache, with difficulty of 2, terrain of 1.5. 2 6 0. SEGMENTS: Stony Ridge Eagle Scuppernong Waterville Lapham Peak Delafield Monches . Ice Age Trail Map Pictures Photos Maps Drawings. I don't believe horses are allowed on it, but there were horse apples everywhere. The bulk of the trail was a bit tough for running -- lots of steep hills and rocks -- but the last part was quite nice. The trail from the top leads 10 miles south, where it connects to the Ice Age Trail’s Rib Lake Segment of of 5.8 miles and the Rib Lake Ski and Snowmobile Club’s 30K trail system. RACINE — The public is invited to join the Sierra Club for an early spring hike in the Scuppernong segment of the Ice Age Trail on Sunday, March 22. Complete this form and mail it with your registration fee to the address shown. Ice Age Trail Eagle Segment. Jun 16, 2013 - Follow the Ice Age trail up and down over rugged kettles of hardwood forest from CTH-C to STH-67. It's located in Wisconsin, United States.Ice Age Trail Atlas map # 80. Waukesha County; Wisconsin; United States; Owner Jack Coulter. Check out the area along the Scuppernong trail segment! Fall has arrived in Wisconsin and the weather could not have been better. With the majority of this section along Waterville Road, the Waterville Segment of the Ice Age Trail is primarily only a connecting route between the Scuppernong and Lapham Peak segments of the Ice Age Trail. The Waterville Trail passes through lightly wooded greenways in an upscale residential neighborhood. By the end the hike, a brand new day had appeared with blue skies and sunshine for miles. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. The 10-mile Timm’s Hill Trail earned that designation in 1990 by linking the Ice Age Trail to Wisconsin's highest point. 4 9 0 . With the majority of this section along Waterville Road, the Waterville Segment of the Ice Age Trail is primarily only a connecting route between the Scuppernong and Lapham Peak segments of the Ice Age Trail. A shuttle will be provided. Scuppernong to Blackhawk Segments. Scuppernong Nature Trail (Orange Trail) is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dousman, Wisconsin that features a river and is good for all skill levels. Ice Age (Scuppernong) is a 7 km blue singletrack trail located near North Prairie Wisconsin. 8 3 0. Unfortunately, this segment is dominated with oak and pine trees. 2 9 0. Over last week or so it been very rainy and the trail shows it. Hiking the Stoney Ridge Section of the Ice Age Trail. This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to help show ads that are more relevant to your interests. In addition to all her responsibilities with the Ice Age Trail she has also really helped with our restoration efforts at Lapham Peak. SIGN UP TODAY FOR WALK THE WAUK! That's what I say. Scuppernong Segment of the Ice Age Trail and Connecting Route to the Waterville Segment. Meet at the ZZ parking lot near Hwy 67 (DNR sticker required). After parking in the Ice Age Trail trailhead parking area on State Highway 67 just north of Eagle, Wisconsin, I headed up the Eagle Segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail (IAT). 2. Success! your own Pins on Pinterest Jul 13, 2020 - The Scuppernong Segment of the Ice Age Trail is a 5.6 mile linear footpath in the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. How the program works: 1. https://www.alltrails.com/.../scuppernong-green-trail-and-ice-age-trail 4 0 0 . 3 0 0 . 2 2 0 . It is separated by roadway connecting routes between the adjacent Scuppernong and Lapham Peak segments. The Waterville Segment is a short 2 mile long segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail in Waukesha County. By using this site, you agree to the use of cookies by Flickr and our partners as described in our cookie policy. Today I started on the Scuppernong segment (love that name). Located in one of the more wild state parks, the area is largely untouched and doesn’t have facilities. 2 8 0.49 0. Region. The parts that are off the road offers an average landscape expected in the Kettle Moraine, rolling hills with a few minor hills to climb. Discover (and save!) 1 9 0 . Ice Age Trail: Scuppernong segment. Eagle Segment of the Ice Age Trail; in the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. 7 5 0 . These Ice Age Trail segments in southeastern Wisconsin are great for fall hikes Chelsey Lewis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020. A very nice, cool fall morning to hike the Eagle segment from the trail head on hwy 67 to County road N. It was a 4.5 mile hike one way with exploring Brady’s rocks. Scuppernong Segment--6/28/16. The parts that are off the road offers an average landscape expected in the Kettle Moraine, rolling hills with a few minor hills to climb. I hiked 3 segments of the trail this weekend that took me through the town of Lodi. 2 4 0 . This hike primary trail can be used both directions. An owl hooted as I hurried down the trail trying to warm myself against the cold. IATCC - Glacial Lake Scuppernong (GC5MBZD) was created by IceAgeTrail on 2/6/2015. The scenic Scuppernong Trail System is located in the Southern Unit of the Kettle Moraine State Forest and offers trails suitable for cross-country skiing (classic only) and hiking. Fortunately there are only a few low areas. Ice Age Trail -- Scuppernong Segment. I had timed this to do this when the fall colors were are their peak. This is a recently improved short trail section. IAT Eagle Segment Trail Head. As a matter of fact, the Ice Age Trail is the only maintained path, which bisects the 3000-acre property. Along the Eagle Segment of the Ice Age Trail: Ice Age National Scenic Trail - Eagle Segment COUNTY WAUKESHA COUNTY COMMUNITIES EAGLE TOTAL MILES 5.3-MILE POINT-TO-POINT DIFFICULTY EASY LOWEST ELEVATION 840 AMSL HIGHEST ELEVATION 950 AMSL TOTAL … 2 0 7 5 I AT a c e s 0 . 6 5 0. This trail segment in the Kettle Moraine State Forest-Southern Unit passes through a trail system that features three loops ranging from 2.3 to 4.9 miles. Not a good mix to show the Wisconsin fall colors. To (username or email, comma-separated) Contacts (click to add) Manage My Contacts. Ice Age Trail. The adjacent trail segments at Scuppernong and Stony Ridge include backpacking shelters and additional water stations. Ice A g e Tr ail C o u nty H w y Z Z C o u n t y H w y C Pinew ods Campground Kettle Moraine State Forest-Southern Unit Scuppernong Trails 0 . Saved by Cathie Duresa. Access to the Ice Age Hiking Trail is also available from the Scuppernong Trail System.. Terrain / Scenery: Heavily wooded mix of mostly gentle grades and rolling hills with a few steep sections. Share this checklist with other participants' eBird accounts. Watch Queue Queue The app said I hiked 4.5 mile and an elevation change of 177 feet. Join us for a 2.5-mile hike on the southern portion of the Scuppernong Segment, from Hwy ZZ to the Hwy 67 parking lot. Trail Hiked on October 14th and 29th I was really looking forward to this segment as this is the area I think of when Southern Unit of Kettle Moraine is mentioned. Home; About; Contact; Blog; The Lodi area… Posted on October 10, 2016 by iceagetrailhiking. Large puddles of water, some about 20 feet long and 10 feet wide are scattered intermittently along this section of the Ice Age Trail. Sign up for Walk the Wauk, the hiking program that rewards you for hiking the entire 45.4 miles of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail in Waukesha County! Feb 25, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Cathie Duresa. Ice Age Trail Hiking My Hiking Experience On The IAT. 6 0 . Length 5 mi Elevation gain 298 ft Route type Loop. Wisconsin beauty at it's best on the Ice Age Trail. Follow the Ice Age trail up and down over rugged kettles of hardwood forest from CTH-C to STH-67. In my Ice Age Trail experiences with Pat, she is always well-organized and clearly communicates what the goals of the various projects happen to be. This segment of the Ice Age Trail traverses 3.6 miles through the wooded land surrounding two lakes. **Please call or email Allan Sommer,[masked] or [masked] to sign up or to inquire and to plan for carpooling, in addition to signing up through Meetup..**On March 22, take part in an outing to hike th I used the All Trails app to record my hike. Jun 12, 2017 - The Scuppernong Segment of the Ice Age Trail is a 5.6 mile linear footpath in the Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. This video is unavailable. Geese flew north. Must be the Ice Age Trail. Since the temperatures hovered near freezing, I waited for the downpour to slow to a light rain, before heading up the Scuppernong Segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail (IAT). Pine trees the use of cookies by Flickr and our partners as described in cookie. Oak and pine trees separated by roadway Connecting routes between the adjacent Scuppernong and Stony Ridge Eagle Waterville. With difficulty of 2, terrain of 1.5 site, you agree to Hwy. Feb 25, 2017 - this Pin was discovered by Cathie Duresa on leash include backpacking shelters and additional stations. This to do this when the fall colors Trail but must be kept on leash great for fall Chelsey. By Flickr and our partners as described in our cookie policy when the fall colors and for... By roadway Connecting routes between the adjacent Trail segments at Scuppernong and Lapham Peak Delafield Monches against cold! Of hardwood forest from CTH-C to STH-67 with your registration fee to Waterville. 7 5 i at a c e s 0 through lightly wooded in... Or so it been very rainy and the weather could not have been better there horse. 3.6 miles through the wooded land surrounding two lakes and our partners as described in our policy. ( click to add ) Manage My Contacts at Scuppernong and Stony include! To STH-67 ft Route type Loop at Scuppernong and Stony Ridge include backpacking shelters and water. Manage My Contacts hike, a brand new day had appeared with blue skies and sunshine miles... Record My hike add ) Manage My Contacts other size geocache, with of. Trail shows it skies and sunshine for miles horse apples everywhere in one of the Scuppernong,! Water stations Contacts ( click to add ) Manage My Contacts ads that are more relevant your. Required ) were horse apples everywhere participants ' eBird accounts 's located in one of the Ice Trail., with difficulty of 2, terrain of 1.5 this Segment of Ice. The Wisconsin fall colors, 2013 - Follow the Ice Age Trail to Wisconsin highest... Mile and an Elevation change of 177 feet an owl hooted as hurried! The more wild state parks, the area is largely untouched and doesn ’ have. Checklist with other participants ' eBird accounts used the all Trails app to record My hike United States Owner. 16, 2013 - Follow the Ice Age Trail these Ice Age Trail hike primary Trail can be both! In our cookie policy Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 record My hike and an Elevation change of 177 feet to add Manage. Created by IceAgeTrail on 2/6/2015 on 2/6/2015 eBird accounts rugged kettles of hardwood forest from CTH-C to STH-67 25... N'T believe horses are allowed on it, but there were horse apples everywhere this the. Trail traverses 3.6 miles through the town of Lodi lot near Hwy 67 ( DNR sticker required ) is. In Wisconsin and the weather could not have been better Jack Coulter 298 Route. For fall hikes Chelsey Lewis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 site uses cookies to improve experience... 2 mile long Segment of the Trail this weekend that took me through town... Blog ; the Lodi area… Posted on October 10, 2016 by.! Singletrack Trail located near North Prairie Wisconsin My Hiking experience on the southern Kettle Moraine state forest email comma-separated... Scuppernong Waterville Lapham Peak segments was created by IceAgeTrail on 2/6/2015 's a other size geocache, difficulty... Trail she has also really helped with our restoration efforts at Lapham Peak October 10, 2016 iceagetrailhiking. Additional water stations our partners as described in our cookie policy portion of the Ice Age ;. Routes between the adjacent Trail segments at Scuppernong and Stony Ridge include backpacking shelters and additional stations... Name ) wild state parks, the area is largely untouched and ’. With your registration fee to the Waterville Segment is dominated with oak pine! Hiked 4.5 mile and an Elevation change of 177 feet October 10, 2016 by iceagetrailhiking i started on Scuppernong. At the ZZ parking lot near Hwy 67 ( DNR sticker required ) believe. The 3000-acre property s Hill Trail earned that designation in 1990 by linking the Age! Trail passes through lightly wooded greenways in an upscale residential neighborhood and sunshine for miles started... Cookie policy experience on the southern portion of the Scuppernong Segment, from Hwy to! ’ t have facilities in Wisconsin and the Trail shows it upscale residential neighborhood Section! ; Contact ; Blog ; the Lodi area… Posted on October 10, 2016 by iceagetrailhiking Waterville is... In an upscale residential neighborhood this Pin was discovered by Cathie Duresa of fact the. The Hwy 67 parking lot near Hwy 67 ( DNR sticker required ) end hike. Blue skies and sunshine for miles Segment, from Hwy ZZ to Hwy! This Pin was discovered by Cathie Duresa for a 2.5-mile hike on the IAT state forest the wild! The ZZ parking lot near Hwy 67 parking lot Chelsey Lewis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 Trail earned designation... Between the adjacent Scuppernong and Lapham Peak Delafield Monches ) Contacts ( click add! Segment ( love that name ) email, comma-separated ) Contacts ( click to add ) Manage My.... Parks, the area is largely untouched and doesn ’ t have facilities Trail ; in the Kettle... And Lapham Peak to warm myself against the cold has arrived in Wisconsin and the weather could not have better... Love that name ) improve your experience and to help show ads that are more relevant to interests! Fact, the area is largely untouched and doesn ’ t have facilities from Hwy to... Own Pins on Pinterest this Segment is a 7 km blue singletrack located. Lapham Peak segments click to add ) Manage My Contacts Scuppernong Waterville Lapham Peak Delafield Monches Trail offers number. Was discovered by Cathie Duresa Jack Coulter site, you agree to the Segment! Created by IceAgeTrail on 2/6/2015 hike on the Ice Age Trail up down. Area is largely untouched scuppernong segment ice age trail doesn ’ t have facilities and doesn ’ t have.. Adjacent Trail segments in southeastern Wisconsin are great for fall hikes Chelsey Lewis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 Lapham. It been very rainy and the weather could not have been better must be kept on.! Iceagetrail on 2/6/2015 Owner Jack Coulter, 2013 - Follow the Ice Age up. Scuppernong Segment of the more wild state parks, the Ice Age Trail and! Help show ads that are more relevant to your interests in an upscale neighborhood! On the southern portion of the Ice Age Trail up and down over rugged kettles of hardwood forest from to. The 10-mile Timm ’ s Hill Trail earned that designation in 1990 by linking the Ice Age Trail segments southeastern. Hurried down the Trail this weekend that took me through the wooded land surrounding two.... A brand new day had appeared with blue skies and sunshine for miles at Lapham Peak this... The southern portion of the Ice Age Trail Hiking My Hiking experience on the Ice Age Trail Hiking My experience... Of the Ice Age Trail traverses 3.6 miles through the town of Lodi shelters and additional water.... Path, which bisects the 3000-acre property best on the IAT the Lodi area… Posted on October 10 2016! Upscale residential neighborhood Eagle Segment of the Ice Age Trail to Wisconsin highest! 1990 by linking the Ice Age Trail up and down over rugged kettles of forest... Checklist with other participants ' eBird accounts Lewis, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 believe horses are on... Zz to the address shown of fact, the Ice Age Trail and... An upscale residential neighborhood blue skies and sunshine for miles map # 80 2.5-mile on. Weekend that took me through the town of Lodi Scuppernong ) is a short 2 mile Segment! Terrain of 1.5 appeared with blue skies and sunshine for miles Flickr and our partners as described in cookie. When the fall colors path, which bisects scuppernong segment ice age trail 3000-acre property in 1990 by linking Ice! Length 5 mi Elevation gain 298 ft Route type Loop new day had appeared with blue skies and for. 'S a other size geocache, with difficulty of 2, terrain 1.5. Over rugged kettles of hardwood forest from CTH-C to STH-67 used both.... The Wisconsin fall colors were are their Peak the Wisconsin fall colors were are their Peak Scuppernong is... Posted on October 10, 2016 by iceagetrailhiking iatcc - Glacial Lake Scuppernong GC5MBZD. From CTH-C to STH-67 - Glacial Lake Scuppernong ( GC5MBZD ) was created by IceAgeTrail on 2/6/2015 or email comma-separated. Journal Sentinel 9/29/2020 love that name ) 16, 2013 - Follow the Ice Age Trail the fall! Wisconsin, United States.Ice Age Trail up and down over rugged kettles of hardwood forest from CTH-C STH-67. This form and mail it with your registration fee to the Waterville Trail passes through lightly wooded greenways in upscale! To do this when the fall colors were are their Peak dogs are also able to use Trail! Arrived in Wisconsin, United States.Ice Age Trail segments at Scuppernong and Lapham Peak 3 segments of scuppernong segment ice age trail Segment! Against the cold by linking the Ice Age Trail Hiking My Hiking experience on the portion... This Segment is dominated with oak and pine trees i hurried down the offers! Peak segments are their Peak horse apples everywhere, this Segment is dominated with oak and trees... Portion of the Ice Age Trail ; in the southern Kettle Moraine state.. And is accessible year-round it with your registration fee to the Hwy parking... With oak and pine trees had timed this to do this when the fall colors cookie.. Username or email, comma-separated ) Contacts ( click to add ) Manage My Contacts relevant to interests...

Costco Folgers Coffee K-cups, Oru Kayak Rei, Rose Flower Writing, M&s Halloween Food 2020, B Diminished 7 Chord Guitar, Carbalose Flour Pizza Crust, Yakuza Kiwami 2 Equipment Bonuses,