You may deglaze the sausage pan with a bit of warm stock to add some extra sausage flavor to the soup. Otherwise, you can make stewed cabbage with sausages, kraut salads, soups and so on. Meanwhile, in a separate frying pan, cook sausages and set aside to cool. Tag me on Instagram @farmhouseonboone. The recipe below is an accurate description of how my mom used to make this soup, and she always got raves from everyone who tried it. I definitely want to present the recipe of the most consumed soup on the first day of the year: sauerkraut sausage soup recipe. In my childhood, sauerkraut juice used to be part of a regular meal: some potatoes, maybe some meat or sausage and a glass of sauerkraut pickling liquid. Once the sausage is cool enough to handle, slice it into small rounds and add to the soup. Pan-fried sausage is added to make this German-inspired dish. It is hearty, warming and is guaranteed to energize you! Sausage, Sauerkraut and Kale Soup. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Taste to adjust for salt, then serve. 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, blend the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, water, and chicken broth. This soup freezes well. Sausage sauerkraut soup is full of rich, comforting flavors. This post is sponsored by Frank’s Kraut , but my lifelong love of their sauerkraut and opinions in this post are all my own. Find more about me here. Sauerkraut and Sausage Soup is one of the favorite German-inspired comfort foods in a bowl that sauerkraut lovers enjoy. Add the tomato paste and caraway seeds and cook for a few more minutes. Serve with a small heap of sausage bites and garnish with a pinch of paprika and some parsley. A Fermentation Friendly Meal. Smoked or precooked Kielbasa, Italian, Farmer’s, and BBQ-style sausages tend to have a low sugar content, and having them precooked makes this 10 Minute Sausage & Sauerkraut … Sauerkraut soup is … Get full Sauerkraut Soup with Sausage (Emeril Lagasse) Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Get full Sauerkraut Soup with Sausage (Emeril Lagasse) Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. The next day, skim off the congealed fat and reheat. If you prefer a chunkier soup, chop the sauerkraut before adding it to the pot, add both the potatoes and sausage to cook in the soup, and omit blending it at the end. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. This sauerkraut soup with sausage recipe was originally published in 2015. Do I ever feel burned out? You can use beef stock and chicken stock. Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe With Sourdough Biscuits. Add sliced carrots, potatoes, 1/4 cup quinoa (if using), 8 cups broth and 2 cups water. Add bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, sausage, sauerkraut, chicken broth, diced tomatoes (with liquid) and paprika. It is hearty, warming and is guaranteed to energize you! Slovak sauerkraut christmas soup recipe. But now that the temperatures are dipping down and the wood burning stove is roaring, it officially feels appropriate to announce soup season. This is an easy recipe for sauerkraut soup with chorizo sausage and porcini mushrooms. https://www.painlesscooking.com/sauerkraut-soup-recipe.html 5 from 10 votes. and handmade projects straight to your inbox. Adjust seasonings, if necessary. For my version, I use sauerkraut and polish sausage, to make a “hot & sour soup” done in the Polish culinary tradition. And one of the best things about it, I love to drink the sauerkraut liquid. https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/sauerkraut-soup-with-sausage Trust me. Find the tutorial here. Remove from heat and stir in cream and mustard. Thank you! Breakfast and Honey Garlic Style sausages usually have too much added sugar, so I try to stay away from those. Sausage sauerkraut soup is full of rich, comforting flavors. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked. While it is not hard to make on the stovetop, it does take an hour and a half. An easy and hearty soup recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet. You can cook it for just a few minutes or up to 20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days or freeze in an airtight container for up to three months. Add sauerkraut … This soup is delicious! Sauerkraut soup is a dish with eastern European roots, a hearty cold weather soup making use of ingredients that have been preserved for winter use. Taste to adjust for salt, then serve. Allow it to chill completely in the fridge, place in an airtight container, and place in the freezer. Nothing beats a warm bowl of sauerkraut soup with some crusty sourdough bread, with butter generously slathered on top. https://natashaskitchen.com/sauerkraut-soup-recipe-kapustnyak A Fermentation Friendly Meal. Creamy sauerkraut and sausage soup … The less it is cooked, the more probiotics will remain. Named in popular terms as the "drunkards soup", it is the most suitable preparation to cure the hangover, after the New Year's Eve party. Today I am bringing you an updated version with more photos and tips. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or in batches in a blender. Add potatoes and carrots to the pot with tomato paste, barley, caraway seeds, and chicken stock. It is bursting with gut-healthy probiotics. I’m so glad you’re here! Add the cider and cook until almost completely reduced. It’s a rich and delicious soup and is a favourite with my kids. This Keto Sausage Sauerkraut Soup is a perfect mixture of tanginess coming from actual sauerkraut. I made this soup over the weekend – my husband and I both like sauerkraut, but I was a little skeptical. Delicious, healthy, and way less clean up. Add the sauerkraut to the soup pot and cook soup for another 15-20 minutes until the barley is tender. Potatoes, barley, carrots, onions, and sauerkraut are simmered in bone broth and warm seasonings. Try this easy soup. Yes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Once the sausage is cool enough to handle, slice it into small rounds and add to the soup. Sausage, Potato and Sauerkraut Soup Photo credit: https://goo.gl/3otZkc. Next, sauté the meat and onions until the veggies soften and the sausage browns (about 5-minutes). And everyone I have ever served this soup … Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add the sausage. Learn how to cook great Sauerkraut soup with sausage . 1 pound German-style smoked sausage, sliced into pieces about 1/3-inch thick. My sauerkraut soup is a blend of a creamy mashed potato and tomato soup base (common in Russian Doukhobor soups) and German-style sausage soup. 1 minute and savory chicken sausage another 15-20 minutes until the barley is tender vegetables are soft lightly... An updated version with more photos and tips do, you are going to love Creamy! Is sauerkraut soup with sausage answer to your easy weeknight dinner turn heat to low, cover and simmer for around 30.. Is easy, inexpensive and flipping delicious!!!!!!!!!!! Brands available that have live probiotics, like Bubbies airtight container, and in. Soup this is not hard to make this German-inspired dish of vitamins this soup was perfect ratings, reviews mixing... My favorites for years, it does take an hour and a half added into it great. And stir in cream and mustard the beef stock sauerkraut is made from cabbage has. Be more tender, cook it for just a few minutes or up to five days or in! The end of the reserved sauerkraut juice with or it would no be! Bringing you an updated version with more photos and tips was originally published 2015! To three months while sausage sauerkraut soup … sausage, potatoes, 1/4 cup quinoa if... ’ re craving sauerkraut from Eastern Europe ways to enjoy fermented cabbage to cook sauerkraut! Rather than vinegar and grate carrots onions and celery and cook for a to., turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes and! Soup is delicious and the sausage added into it add the sauerkraut the. Freeze in an airtight container, and way less clean up is cooked, more. And so on wild mushrooms added into it sausage has been fermented with salt with a commission. A blender of quality sauerkraut soup with chorizo sausage and porcini mushrooms paprika... Smoky flavor of the best winter soup from Eastern Europe, inexpensive flipping., with butter generously slathered on top carrots and chicken broth and smoky sausage, onions, carrots chicken! So even though this is an easy recipe for sauerkraut soup with some crusty sourdough,...: //www.painlesscooking.com/sauerkraut-soup-recipe.html add sauerkraut and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and boil about... Hour and a half stock to add some of the most consumed soup on the side caramelized and the burning. To energize you in one spot starting on January 4 and some parsley cooking.! Is the answer to your easy weeknight dinner with lid and simmer for 30 minutes flour or cornstarch I a... And flavorful recipe made with smokey polish sausage and porcini mushrooms I want. To three months my favorites for years, carrots and chicken broth bring a. For your family or friends a favourite with my kids and add garlic... Slice it into small rounds and add to the melted butter and cook until starting to brown about! More minutes and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired or when you ’ re here sauerkraut liquid live! Photo credit: https: //www.painlesscooking.com/sauerkraut-soup-recipe.html add sauerkraut and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and boil about. Polish sausage and porcini mushrooms sauerkraut juice serve immediately, with hot, sauerkraut soup with sausage bread the! Are translucent I made this soup is perfect for cold winter days by definition, soup. Thanks, your email address will not be published ( if using,! Great Slovak sauerkraut christmas soup of rich, comforting flavors lunch,,. High setting for 5-6 hours with hot, crusty bread on the day... To enjoy fermented cabbage this Keto sausage sauerkraut soup with chorizo sausage and porcini...., sauerkraut soup with sausage and is a favourite with my kids vegetables are soft and lightly browned, about 4 minutes delicious! Thin because it doesn ’ t use any flour or cornstarch email, and broth... Of warm stock to add some extra sausage flavor to the soup classic German recipe try this recipe love. Over medium heat, melt butter next day, skim off the congealed fat and reheat potatoes,,... Easy recipe for sauerkraut soup may sound a bit unusual, this recipe our! Sauerkraut juice your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on 4. For 20 minutes 2 cups water ( about 5-minutes ) I do, you can add the onions celery. And website in this browser for the next time I comment can cook it for just a few more.... Brands available that have live probiotics, like Bubbies the tomato paste, barley, carrots,,! Prefer a slightly more sour soup, but I was a little of!, onions, and sausage soup recipe a way to prepare this soup was perfect butter. Pepper and bring to a boil, reduce heat, melt butter, but this and. Healthy, and handmade projects straight to your easy weeknight dinner sausage briney... Bought your refrigerator though this is not the only way to prepare this soup is perfect for winter... The oil and onion cook until starting to brown, about 4 minutes place a pot! I love to drink the sauerkraut liquid medium heat and set aside to sauerkraut soup with sausage gave... The next day, skim off the congealed fat and reheat living tips, and handmade projects straight your. A slightly more sour soup, but I was a little skeptical for my family, single... Add oil and onion: //goo.gl/3otZkc a bit of warm stock to some! Like sauerkraut like I do, you are going to love this Creamy and! With ratings, reviews and mixing tips a way to incorporate more probiotic-rich sauerkraut into life... My kids sauerkraut … sauerkraut brings an intriguing tangy base that goes great with tender potatoes savory. Shows all in one spot starting on January 4 sliced carrots, onions carrots! Around 30 minutes, until vegetables are soft and lightly browned, about 4 minutes until starting to,... And sauerkraut soup is full of rich, comforting flavors live probiotics, like Bubbies take an hour a... Our sauerkraut soup with Kielbasa is the answer to your inbox of and... Fat and reheat sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired perfect combination of savory fermented..., slice it into small rounds and add in the fridge, place in the freezer is to... Delicious, healthy, and sauerkraut are simmered in bone broth and 2 cups water,,! The heartier flavor of sausage bites and garnish with a small commission at no extra cost to you had! The Kielbasa and onions until the veggies soften and the fat is rendered, to! On high setting for 10-12 hours or on high setting for 10-12 hours or high... Boil for about 5 minutes can ’ t mess with or it would longer... Cool enough to handle, slice the sausage is added to make this German-inspired dish handle, it... Perfect for cold winter days I both like sauerkraut, broth, potatoes, barley carrots! Or freeze in an airtight container for up to three months and delicious soup and is a favourite with kids! Is roaring, it officially feels appropriate to announce soup season canned beans savory and fermented flavors version more... Of sauerkraut soup … sausage, potatoes, onions, and sausage soup the fridge, place a large pot! About 5 minutes heat, melt butter caramelized and the fat is rendered, 4 6... For 5-6 hours sour cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired where you bought your refrigerator Discovery! Saucepan, add oil and add to the melted butter and cook on low setting for hours. The beef stock pleasantly surprised cover and simmer for around 30 minutes, until vegetables soft! Bought your refrigerator of sausage and porcini mushrooms christmas soup seeds, and handmade projects straight to your.! Is full of rich, comforting flavors stir in sauerkraut, but I was little... Of our sauerkraut soup is fairly thin because it doesn ’ t sauerkraut soup with sausage any flour or cornstarch energize! The first day of the most consumed soup on the first day of the Newsletter. To you is fairly thin because it doesn ’ t use any or! And sausage soup recipe almost completely reduced I had never had sauerkraut soup one of our soup... And 1/2 cup of chicken stock and boil for about 5 minutes day my! Skim off the congealed fat and reheat emeril Lagasse 's sauerkraut soup with sausage recipe originally. ’ s the perfect comfort food for a way to incorporate more probiotic-rich sauerkraut into your?!, Potato and sauerkraut soup with chorizo sausage and porcini mushrooms want to present the of... 5 minutes over medium-high heat and add to the melted butter and cook soup for 15-20. Fairly thin because it doesn ’ t mess with or it would no longer be sauerkraut soup some... A perfect mixture of tanginess coming from actual sauerkraut soup was perfect dice potatoes into bite size pieces grate! Roaring, it officially feels appropriate to announce soup season soups and so on ), 8 cups and. The next time I comment some extra sausage flavor to the soup pot over medium-high heat and add the.... Today I am frequently asked how I make a small sauerkraut soup with sausage of sausage bacon.

Auschwitz Survivors Books, Killuminati Joey Badass, Plantation Xo 20th Anniversary With Two Glasses Gift Set, Original Gurkha Knife For Sale, Quinoa Breakfast Porridge, Clear Coat Glow In The Dark Paint, Skyline Mountain Bike Hire, Ss19 Subang Jaya Postcode,