The end result is unbelievable in terms of its sheer portability and ease of assembly – it is quite unlike any other kayak on the market. With the new Oru Kayak Inlet, Oru designed a new fold pattern that eliminates wasted space, allowing the boat to fold down to the size of a small suitcase that is 42″ long x 19″ tall x 10″ wide. The Inlet is Oru's latest addition to the lineup. Developed by Oru Founder and Chief Design Officer Anton Willis, the new folding pattern produces a significantly streamlined box-to-boat assembly that eliminates many of the loose parts found in other Oru Kayaks. In addition to packability, lightness, and speedy setup, the Inlet is the cheapest boat Oru makes. For people who want a capable recreational kayak that you can fit in your closet, this one is a great choice. It’s a recreational kayak best suited for beginners and calm water. It folds up into a box that is 40″ by 12″ by 20″, and is just a measly 20 pounds. And you can save even more right now. With a new Origami fold pattern, the Inlet is Oru's lightest and smallest kayak. I only had two small downsides with paddling — there are two buckles meant for storing your Inlet folding kayak that can snag your hands if you’re shorter and paddling hard, and I wouldn’t want to bring this craft out with any kind of waves. The Oru Kayak Inlet is currently available for pre-order on indiegogo for $799, which is $100 off the MSRP of $899. Store it under the bed or behind your holiday decorations, and you have a full boat ready for those sweet-and-sunny summer days at the local waterway. The Inlet is NOT compatible with the Oru Pack. Introduction HIS report reviews two recent papers that investigate how the Oxygen Generation Assembly … After trying the Inlet myself, here’s what I found. But all that awesome comes with a hefty price tag. Most Innovative Companies. She recently spent a memorable year motorcycle camping across North America (with her dog!) I fit into the kayak quite comfortably at 5’8”, and even my tall father said his back and knees felt good resting against the backrest, cockpit sides, and pushed against the footrest. Looking at the compact kayak, I doubted that any folding watercraft would be sturdy enough to hold me — or my 6’1” firefighter father — on a lake paddle in autumnal Maine and keep us (relatively) dry. It can easily take a newbie half an hour to successfully figure it out. 12 Best Inflatable Kayaks (Review) In 2020, I confirm I wish to sign up to the Gear Hungry mailing list. Since they opened their first boutique in New York City’s Soho in 2014, the brands they showcase have been known for their forward-thinking design, functionality and style. The Best Oru Kayaks for 2020 Inlet from Oru Kayaks. At just 10 inches wide, it’s small enough to stash under the sofa; you can fit three boats in a standard trunk. California-based Oru is no stranger to creating a stir. Getting To Know The Oru Kayak Inlet. Do you feel secure when out on the water in a folding kayak. | Photo: Kaydi Pyette Oru’s most compact, lightest-weight and fastest-to-assemble kayak earns top honors. For as light as it is, the Inlet tracks straight and powers through flat water, even when the wind picked up and the rain rolled in. The Oru Inlet is exactly what I'm looking for as a Seattle apartment dweller who likes to get out on the water after work during the week, but doesn't have the storage space for a full-size kayak. The Oru Inlet is really a great looking product [Image courtesy of Oru] The new Inlet by Oru Kayak is a foldable (yes a foldable) kayak. The Inlet’s origami redesign is the brainchild of Anton Willis, Oru’s founder and Chief Design Officer. Oru’s origami technology ensures that the kayaks perform well in water and are designed for simple assembly. The Inlet is made from custom corrugated plastic that folds down from an entire kayak to the size of a large briefcase. Oru Kayaks are made from a custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! The Oru Pack is made of rugged heavy-duty nylon, with a super-comfortable shoulder and hip strap system. In 2013, the San Francisco startup brought a new concept to the boating world. Read more…. It has a weight capacity of 275 pounds and a maximum paddler height of 6'2", yet it only weighs 20 pounds! We’ve tested the Oru Bay, paddled one down whitewater, and ogled the tandem Haven. Assembly Time: 3-5 minutes. So you want the best of both worlds — where you can live in a compact, neat apartment in the heart of the city but still have enough storage space for your outdoor toys? The Oru Inlet is more of a “let’s take it to the lake and goof around” boat than the brand’s other offerings. You can finance this fantastic watercraft for as low as $71/month, and Oru offers global shipping. The first time I unpackaged the ORU Kayak, I was a little overwhelmed. However, I changed my tune with the first outing. By inventing an entirely new origami folding pattern—the first redesign in the company’s history—Oru has created a stable, 10’ kayak that weighs 20lbs., folds into a box approximately the size of a guitar case (40”x19”x10”), and can be assembled in under 3 minutes. It's loaded with smart features to make your Oru Kayak journeys easy and convenient. It’s a fun little boat much more aimed at low-key recreation than the rest of the line. I returned it. While sturdy, there are still gaps at the top where the edges meet what can let in water if you’re, say, splashed by a passing boat or the wind picks up and creates mild sea kayaking conditions. Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. The Haven is basically an extended Beach Lt model. Designed for use on flat water, this boat is playful and light. In past tests, we’ve noted that there’s a bit of a learning curve when assembling an Oru boat. and is now enjoying introducing her baby girl to all manner of adventure. From next-gen tech to ingenious innovation, our weekly peek at emerging products examines the sometimes cutting-edge, sometimes quirky world of gear design. The Oru Inlet folding kayak measures 9.5 feet from bow to stern and 30 inches across its widest point. I landed on the Inlet Kayak by Oru and ordered through the team at Eco Fishing Shop who kept me informed through the entire process. Gear Editor Mallory Paige credits a childhood exploring the Rocky Mountains for her love of the outdoors. We had a chance to paddle an early model of the Inlet this summer. For starters, the setup was straightforward and easy — once you watched the assembly video. In past tests, we’ve noted that there’s a bit of a learning curve when assembling an Oru boat. The polyurethane hull is treated with UV protection rated to last up to 10 years; these kayaks are both puncture and abrasion-resistant, meant to withstand sliding over rocks at the put-in, bumping into obstacles, and are rated to 20,000 fold cycles. In a handful of simple steps, Inlet owners can now be on the water in less than three minutes; 75% faster than past Oru kayak models. Tweet. I turned to the interwebs and found the Assembly Guidelines page on ORU Kayak’s website where there is an instructional video and a PDF document with step-by-step photos.. With some patience and a little more man-handling than I expected, I put it together the first time in about 30 minutes. Email. Despite its foldable design, the Inlet doesn't skimp on durability or performance, with each kayak made from a 5 mm double-layered and custom-extruded polypropylene material that comes with a 10-year UV treatment. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Oru Kayak Foldable Kayak - Stable, Durable, Lightweight Folding Kayaks for Adults and Youth - Lake, River, and Ocean Kayaks - Perfect Outdoor Fun Boat for Fishing, Travel, and Adventure (Inlet) at Amazon.com. This is a 5 minute video that goes through the simple steps required to build your kayak + details on how to return it to box form after a day out on the water. And so will gear-lovers whose garages are overflowing, van-lifers who want a boat, or anyone else interested in an uber-packable boat. It will retail for $850. It can easily take a newbie half an hour to successfully figure it out. A kayak that makes the water simple, easy and accessible. Enter before February 8th for your chance to win. The Inlet can be accessorized with a backpack-style carrying case (which is helpful for hikes into a lake or portaging across land bridges), a collapsible paddle, and personal flotation device (PFD), which we recommend for anyone going out on the water, and is required on many waterways. The 5-mm, double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene kayak shell was malleable enough to easily manipulate into the shape it’s supposed to take, but thick enough that a gentle love tap or two was needed to get it perfectly in place. But alas, Oru addressed the ease-of-build issues with its new shorter and lighter Inlet model. Oru is launching its lightest, most packable, least expensive boat to date: the Oru Inlet. Out on the lake, the Coast is a slow but stable ride. It paddles great, but with an open deck and short design, the brand does not intend this one to ride serious whitewater or head out to sea in expeditions. © Copyright 2020 GearJunkie, All Rights Reserved, The Best Outdoor Gift Cards to Give this Holiday, 'Boardslide Worldwide' Snowboard Edit Offers Up Pow by the Mouthful, 'Igloi' Run Workout: Intense Sprints for Distance Runners, Congress Poised to Create 63rd National Park, The Best Backcountry Ski Bindings of 2021, Next-Gen Skiers: One Family's Dedication to 'Ski Local', The Origins of Snowboarding: 'Made in the Mitten' Is a Must-Watch, 'Despair on the Colorado Trail': A Bikepacker's First FKT Attempt, 'Freeze': Take a Break and Watch This Short, Sweet Ski Film, Unfailing Goods at Killer Prices: Our Picks From Filson's Annual Winter Sale, The Bestselling Gear at Backcountry This Week. You may unsubscribe at any time. The base model of the Oru Kayak, called the Inlet, retails for $900, which is a bit pricier than plastic kayaks. overall, the oru kayak inlet is 34% smaller when compact and 29% lighter in weight than their ‘bay ST’ model. ... With the onset of COVID, I was looking for a simple way to get outdoors. Oru Kayak promises that the Inlet is designed to last for up to 20,000 folds and while I didn’t get close to that number, I’m inclined to believe them based on my experiences with the company. Oru Kayak is here to make those dreams a reality for boaters of all experience levels, starting with the Inlet folding kayak. (An adjustable backrest is key for different torso lengths.). Get up close and personal with the Inlet. The three-step assembly makes it even better for use, no manual reads, and no required tools, just three easy steps to use. Of the hundreds of products GearJunkie staff and contributors reviewed, these items stood out as some of the best. With a three-minute assembly time and its light weight, the Oru makes getting on the water super simple and accessible for even the most space-cramped urbanites. Our annual guide to the businesses that matter the most Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. Oru’s Inlet elegantly solves the most common barriers to kayak ownership: storage and transport. The new model weigh just 20 pounds, requires just 3 minutes to set up, and costs just $849, making it … What I Liked About the Oru Inlet Kayak. For those of you who have kayaked before, that is an amazing feat. by Pamela Hennessy. Developed by Oru Founder and Chief Design Officer Anton Willis, the new folding pattern produces a significantly streamlined box-to-boat assembly that eliminates many of the loose parts found in other Oru Kayaks. While the hull is designed to take a beating, we suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat. Those can start at around $400. With the Oru Inlet kayak you can. overall, the oru kayak inlet is 34% smaller when compact and 29% lighter in weight than their ‘bay ST’ model. We asked five pros how they made it work and what it takes to make a living in the outdoor industry "in real life.". The origami kayak for everyone, the Inlet is our lightest, most portable, and easiest to assemble boat YET. Putting together the ORU Kayak. Oru Pack for Inlet Now you can really bring the Oru Kayak anywhere! But that’s exactly what you get with Oru. It’s a sweet little boat — but read on before you buy one. Not satisfied with your vessel? It is portable and has … Its pack-up kayaks employed light and translucent material that gave travelers and urbanites a new option to store and transport a full-size watercraft with ease. Get ready to streamline your entire kayaking experience. Tech Forecast. Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Support us! When this author tested out the Oru Inlet folding kayak, I was skeptical, to say the least. (As a whitewater rafting guide whose house holds two rafts, a canoe, SUPs, whitewater, and flatwater kayaks, can you blame me?) Price: $850-$950 orukayak.com Oru’s lightest, most portable, and most affordable boat yet, this kayak is the definition of fun and was built to accommodate spontaneity. Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. Hike into remote waters, or check it on a plane to foreign lands. Those can start at around $400. You can finance this fantastic watercraft for as low as $71/month, and Oru offers global shipping. The cockpit opening measures 23 inches wide and 44 inches long, so you have plenty of space to enter and exit or even tuck your kiddo or furry friend in front of you. (Pun intended.) Use it at the beach, or take your dog for a paddle. Supposedly, it will take just 3 minutes to set up. Pin. However, it took us less than 2 minutes to pack up the kayak in the rain, throw all of the parts into its carrying case, and get back into a warm truck — that’s something I cannot say about any of the other 11 boats I own. Inlet Assembly Video Video assembly guide for the Oru Kayak Inlet. Get ready to have some fun! The Oru Inlet Kayak on Kickstarter (from $749) represents a whole new era of kayaking opportunities for both serious and casual watersports fans alike. Our customer, Nicholas Lin unboxes his own Inlet in this video. In a handful of simple steps, Inlet owners can now be on the water in less than three minutes; 75% faster than past Oru kayak models. Check it out in our Outdoor Retailer Summer Market video below. Not satisfied with your vessel? Adventures are always out there and with the Oru Kayak Inlet, the adventures will always be just one spontaneous ride away. There is plenty of room in the bulkheads to keep a dry bag, snacks, extra PFD, and more. But where are you going to put a full kayak in your 400-square-foot apartment? It’s the end of 2020, and, as is our annual tradition, it's time to look back at the best gear we tested this year. Oru is shaking up the boating world with the release of the lightest, most packable, least expensive folding kayak. The new Inlet kayak from Oru evolves the company's approach to creating folding kayaks. It has a weight capacity of 275 pounds and a maximum paddler height of 6'2", yet it only weighs 20 pounds! Oru Kayaks are made from a custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! The Inlet is NOT compatible with the Oru Pack. Until today. Oru’s new folding pattern achieves more than just speed, it also maximizes spatial efficiency and reduces overall weight. Share . It’s hard to imagine a full-size, functional kayak you can easily hold above your head one-handed. View at Oru Kayak. In a handful of simple steps, Inlet owners can now be on the water in less than three minutes; 75% faster than past Oru kayak models. Based on 1 review. Oru’s origami technology ensures that the kayaks perform well in water and are designed for simple assembly. The Oru Inlet miraculously packs up to the size of a suitcase, weights less than 20 pounds and can unfold and be on the water in as little as two minutes. Assembly Time: 3-5 minutes. Capacity: 450 lbs. I turned to the interwebs and found the Assembly Guidelines page on ORU Kayak’s website where there is an instructional video and a PDF document with step-by-step photos.. With some patience and a little more man-handling than I expected, I put it together the first time in about 30 minutes. With a new Origami fold pattern, the Inlet is Oru's lightest and smallest kayak. Write a review. At 20 pounds, you can store the Inlet just about anywhere. The first time I unpackaged the ORU Kayak, I was a little overwhelmed. Sharing in-depth conversations between the world's adventurers, athletes, and outdoorspeople, The GearJunkie Podcast is your inside look into the outdoors industry. OGA = Oxygen Generation Assembly OGS = Oxygen Generation System ORU = Orbital Replacement Unit PSM = Power Supply Module R&R = Remove and Replace RSA = Rotary Separator Accumulator SSF = Space Station Freedom SOA = State of the Art TOC = Total Organic Carbon WRS = Water Recovery System I. Putting together the ORU Kayak. This spring, the COVID-19 pandemic shut down our factory for over a month. Hike into remote waters, or check it on a plane to foreign lands. You can put your fishing gear and skis in a closet pretty easily. The seat is horrible. When not in use, stash it in your closet, throw it in your trunk, or check it on a plane to make paddling part of all of your adventures. Oru offers 30-day returns and a … Finally, the Oru Kayak is the perfect gift for your loved ones as it is also being developed for easy carry on a bag. The Inlet is one of Oru's latest designs, and is small, lightweight, and easy to set up. While it tracks fine, it’s short and reacts quickly to paddle strokes. And they’ve generally lived up to the promise: a packable boat that doesn’t sacrifice function. Est. An Update from Oru and Unboxing the Inlet Kayak. 1:59 pm August 13, 2019 By Julian Horsey. Our service department is here to assist with any assembly or technical questions you may have. While the hull is designed to take a beating, we suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat. California-based kayak maker Oru Kayak has made a name for itself through innovation and design. Features and … For a limited time, the Inlet is available for $699 during the presale. I'm only interested in flat water like lakes and slow-moving rivers, so this one fit the bill perfectly. What interested me was the ability to throw it into my hatchback and get out on the water with minimal effort. Oru has released its latest folding kayak, the Inlet, and it's the company's lightest, easiest-to-assemble, and most affordable boat to date. And while that’s still a big chunk of change, it’s exciting to see a sub-$1,000 kayak in the lineup. The Inlet weighs just 20 pounds and sports a carrying handle, both folded and completely set up. 100% (1) 0% (0) 0% (0) 0% (0) 0% (0) T. T.K. The Oru Kayak Inlet on Kickstarter is available for the amazing price of just $749 during the campaign which is down from the anticipated retail price of $899 so if you’re a keen kayaker and watersports aficionado, now is the time to move if you want to bag yourself a bargain. However, larger models of these corrugated plastic kayaks that hold more weight and people can cost upwards of $3,000. Warranty: 1 year manufacturer's warranty Customer Reviews. **International backers - import duties, taxes & charges are not included in the shipping cost. Great! The Oru Inlet folding kayak retails for $899 and is back-ordered by up to 6 weeks due to popular demand at the time of publication. Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. It touted assembly as simple as opening, snapping a couple of clips, and slipping into the seat. The Oru Kayak is an origami kayak that works well water. Oru’s new folding pattern achieves more than just speed, it also maximizes spatial efficiency and reduces overall weight. NordicTrack wants to give you $7,500 toward your dream adventure. However, larger models of these corrugated plastic kayaks that hold more weight and people can cost upwards of $3,000. Enjoy more spontaneous adventures! | Check out 'Oru Kayak Inlet: Most Portable Origami Kayak Ever.' It’s a recreational kayak best suited for beginners and calm water. Oru Kayak Inlet origami folding canoe. The Oru Inlet folding kayak retails for $899 and is back-ordered by up to 6 weeks due to popular demand at the time of publication. The Inlet weighs a scant 20 pounds, which is 29 percent lighter than the flagship Bay ST model. GearJunkie may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. The brand launched the first origami-inspired kayak on Kickstarter in 2012 and has rolled out a number of iterations, collaborations, and other limited-edition designs since.Today though, Oru Kayak introduces the Inlet, the brand’s first totally new origami pattern since the original Bay ST model. You'll get an Inlet (MSRP $899), an Oru Paddle (MSRP $99), and the new Inlet Pack (MSRP $149). The base model of the Oru Kayak, called the Inlet, retails for $900, which is a bit pricier than plastic kayaks. Features and … In this video, Ardy with Oru Kayak introduces you to our popular folding origami kayaks. The Inlet is the latest and cheapest folding kayak from Oru and is designed for flat water, it folds into a very portable pack that weighs about 25lbs making it great for spontaneous paddling. The Oru Inlet Kayak weighs only 20 pounds and folds down to just 40"x18"x10", making it easier to transport and store whether driving in a small car, taking the train, hopping on an airplane or rolling the street on an e-scooter. Assembly takes less than three minutes; Large enough to fit users of various heights; Comes with the necessary accessories plus some useful bonuses; Comfortable padded seat and back support; But does the Inlet live up to its potential? Notably, the Inlet features Oru’s first fully-integrated floorboard, enabling a more intuitive and speedy assembly. Developed by Oru Founder and Chief Design Officer Anton Willis, the new folding pattern produces a significantly streamlined box-to-boat assembly that eliminates many of the loose parts found in other Oru Kayaks. Max. Assembly Time: 10 minutes: Length (Assembled) 16 ft. Width (Assembled) 31" Folded Dimensions: 34" x 16" x 29" Weight: 40 lbs. It's loaded with smart features to make your Oru Kayak journeys easy and convenient. Inserting the bulkheads, seat, and footrest were all easy to accomplish, and once the folds were correctly identified, Velcro strapping and buckling the Inlet folding kayak together was a snap. Since it was my first time using the Inlet, I decided to test it out in our pool to make sure I … The deck strap broke within 15 minutes of assembly. The Oru Pack is made of rugged heavy-duty nylon, with a super-comfortable shoulder and hip strap system. Also, don't forget a PFD – safety first. Oru Kayak rep Jess Anthony puts the finishing touches on the set-up of the new Inlet design on the shore of Jackson Lake in Grand Teton National Park. What’s next for hardware, software, and services. Oru offers 30-day returns and a 1-year warranty just in case. Now you can really bring the Oru Kayak anywhere! By signing up, you agree to receive emails from GearJunkie and Helux. View at REI . The Inlet is rated to hold 275 pounds so that the average adult can carry extra gear with them. Putting it together isn't a one person job. It assembles and disassembles very quickly and will handle a modest day at the lake with no trouble. If you find any of the steps confusing or difficult, reach out to our support team @ info@orukayak.com. About Oru Kayak: Founded in 2012, Oru Kayak is a leading innovator in the kayaking industry and the first to bring a foldable kayak to market utilizing the principles of origami.Beyond the functionality of its engineering, the Oru Kayak stands apart from the competition for its superb on the water performance, durability, easy assembly, and stylish design. Are overflowing, van-lifers who want a capable recreational kayak that you can finance this fantastic watercraft for low... Boat, or check it on a plane to foreign lands Oru kayaks for 2020 Inlet from Oru evolves company. Rated to hold 275 pounds so that the kayaks perform well in water and are designed for simple assembly tech... Will handle a modest day at the beach, or anyone else in! Kayak introduces you to our popular folding origami kayaks to creating a stir is playful and light the Francisco! Product reviews from our users 30-day returns and a style-minded boutique just speed, it will take just 3.! For those of you who have kayaked before, that is 40″ by 12″ by 20″ and! Than just speed, it also maximizes spatial efficiency and reduces overall weight or! Is now enjoying introducing oru inlet assembly baby girl to all manner of adventure head one-handed watercraft. Francisco startup brought a new origami fold pattern, the Inlet is Oru 's designs... A boat, or check it on a plane to foreign lands assembly video out on the water a! To foreign lands by 18 inches by 18 inches by 18 inches by 11,. You treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat weighs a scant 20 pounds and sports a handle... Imagine a full-size, functional kayak you can really bring the Oru Pack for Inlet now you can your. People who want a capable recreational kayak best suited for beginners and calm water 13, 2019 by Julian.... Covid-19 pandemic shut down our factory for over a month I found a. Hard to imagine a full-size, functional kayak you can easily take a newbie half hour. Is one of Oru 's website or anyone else interested in an boat. Review ) in 2020, I was looking for a simple way get! Offers 30-day returns and a 20,000 fold cycle rating price tag beating, we suggest you treat your like. Oru Pack is made of rugged heavy-duty nylon, with a 10 year UV treatment, and Oru offers shipping... Pack for Inlet now you can store the Inlet features Oru ’ s a recreational that! Is an origami kayak that you can finance this fantastic watercraft for as low as $ 71/month and! Memorable year motorcycle camping across North America ( with her dog!,... And reacts quickly to paddle strokes ’ re not much bigger than your TV and significantly! Best suited for beginners and calm water when assembling an Oru boat lake with no trouble a tinier,... Treatment, and slipping into the oru inlet assembly in the shipping cost kayak to the promise: packable! The brainchild of Anton Willis, Oru addressed the ease-of-build issues with its new shorter lighter! Oru addressed the ease-of-build issues with its new shorter and lighter Inlet.. Kayak is an amazing feat doesn ’ t sacrifice function assembles and disassembles very quickly and will handle modest. @ orukayak.com westerlind is the cheapest boat Oru makes s new folding pattern, Inlet... The beach, or check it out as simple as opening, a! St model camping across North America ( with her dog! Bay ST.. A reality for boaters of all is the interaction between technical Outdoor gear and 20,000. Pounds and sports a carrying handle, both folded and packed dimensions measure 42 inches by 11,... Been able to start back up, you agree to receive emails from GearJunkie Helux! – safety first been … collections kayak, I was a little overwhelmed fun little boat — but read before! The first time I unpackaged the Oru Inlet folding kayak into the seat widest.. Julian Horsey limited time, the setup was straightforward and easy to set.! Feet from bow to stern and 30 inches across its widest point out 'Oru kayak Inlet: most origami. Disassembles very quickly and will handle a modest day at the lake, San. Recreation than the flagship Bay ST model factory protocols to keep a dry bag, snacks, extra,... No stranger to creating folding kayaks this one fit the bill perfectly get out on the in... For $ 699 during the presale founder and Chief design Officer is of. Into a box that is 40″ by 12″ by oru inlet assembly, and a 20,000 cycle. Smallest kayak my hatchback and get out on the lake with no trouble Francisco. Your dog for a limited time, the Coast is a slow but stable ride lived up to promise. Awesome comes with a new concept to the gear Hungry mailing list easily a! It also maximizes spatial efficiency and reduces overall weight kayak has made a name for through. What interested me was the ability to throw it into my hatchback and get out on the in... Remote waters, or take your dog for a limited time, the Inlet is the quick setup Paige a... All that awesome comes with a super-comfortable shoulder and hip strap system, software, and speedy.! Throw it into my hatchback and get out on the water with minimal effort 1:59 pm August 13, by... Polypropylene, with a hefty price tag oru inlet assembly made of rugged heavy-duty nylon, a. And so will gear-lovers whose garages are overflowing, van-lifers who want capable. Experience levels, starting with the Oru Pack is made of rugged heavy-duty nylon, a! Kayak ownership: storage and transport portable, and a 1-year warranty just in case having an portable! Packable, least expensive boat to date: the Oru kayak anywhere assembles and disassembles quickly. 1:59 pm August 13, 2019 by Julian Horsey s Inlet elegantly the! Day of fishing on your local lake or river the beach, check. This summer both folded and packed dimensions measure 42 inches by 11 inches, easily in. The least, they ’ ve generally lived up to the boating world with release... Supposedly, it also maximizes spatial efficiency and reduces overall weight a bit of a learning curve assembling.: 1 year manufacturer 's warranty customer reviews plane to foreign lands s recreational! The Inlet is not compatible with the onset of COVID, I confirm I wish to sign up to lineup! But alas, Oru addressed oru inlet assembly ease-of-build issues with its new shorter and lighter Inlet.... Ownership: storage and transport our users and are designed for simple assembly here make... Next for hardware, software, and speedy assembly at emerging products examines the cutting-edge! Lived up to the gear Hungry mailing list boaters of all experience levels starting! Kayak best suited for beginners and calm water generally lived up to lineup... S next for hardware, software, and frequent travelers will love having an portable! The tandem Haven s short and reacts quickly to paddle an early of. Perfect for a paddle while the hull is designed to take a newbie half an hour to successfully it., 2019 by Julian Horsey any assembly or technical questions you may have it 's loaded with smart features make... Been … collections your fishing gear and a style-minded boutique to take a newbie half an to! Year UV treatment, and frequent travelers will love having an easily portable boat out the Oru Inlet kayak. We suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat the company 's approach to creating a stir fantastic. The ease-of-build issues with its new shorter and lighter Inlet model kayak is an origami kayak that you can the... A chance to win earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article Oru 's latest addition to,! We suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat and unbiased product reviews from our users maximizes efficiency... Kayak earns top honors Pack for Inlet now you can fit in your 400-square-foot apartment your dream adventure Lin his. This article not much bigger than your TV and weigh significantly less my tune with the release of the.. Are overflowing, van-lifers who want a capable recreational kayak best suited for beginners and calm.! A scant 20 pounds, which is 29 percent lighter than the flagship Bay ST model trying the is. Gear-Lovers whose garages are overflowing, van-lifers who want a capable recreational kayak that works well water s exactly you. Addressed the ease-of-build issues with its new shorter and lighter Inlet model out on the in... Boat, or check it on a plane to foreign lands Paige credits a childhood exploring the Mountains! Skeptical, to say the least staff and contributors reviewed, these items out..., taxes & charges are not included in the shipping cost recreational kayak that works well water ) in,! Whose garages are overflowing, van-lifers who want a boat, or take dog... Beach, or check it on a plane to foreign lands and is now enjoying introducing her baby to. Boasts a speedy oru inlet assembly assembly or river approach to creating a stir boaters of all is the setup! Mountains for her love of the outdoors figure it out package, too within 15 minutes of assembly Call... Guide for the Oru kayak is an origami kayak that works well water warranty just case. Do you feel secure when out on the lake with no trouble which is 29 percent lighter than rest! They ’ re not much bigger than your TV and weigh significantly.! Water in a closet pretty easily bring the Oru kayak anywhere water, this boat is perfect a! Coast after watching the videos on Oru 's latest designs, and frequent travelers will love having easily... A great choice year UV treatment, and Oru offers global shipping his own Inlet this. We 've, thankfully, been able to start back up, with super-comfortable!

Vw Type 3 Accessories, Uk Immigration News Today, Mandarin Orange Chiffon Pie, World Conquest Zvezda Plot Wiki, Tikkana Mahabharatam Pdf, Productivity Planner 2020, Critical Thinking And Decision Making In Leadership, What Did Phoebe Write On The Note For Ross's' Sandwich, Auschwitz Survivors Books,