We love Turkey and believe you will too! Lycian Way, 500 km, 310 miles, about 25 days. We can alter this itinerary to suit your needs, just get in touch here. This 500km coastal trail has risen from obscurity to international acclaim, featured in "Time" magazine and selected by the BBC as one of the world's 30 best walks. I waited more than other times because of posts delays, but the Amazon deposite answered me immediately all the time listening to me and finaly the package arrived and everything, as usual with Amazon, was perfect. Finding your way, Lycian Way GPS solves your challenges. Bespoke Turkey organised a great sightseeing holiday for us. Day 4 – Walk from Faralya to Alinca 6 hours / 16km. Today you will have chance to swim in sea and discover two historic ruins at Pudnai and Letoon. Can I buy the guide… The included files are GPS tracks for the Lycian Way in Turkey, from Fethiye to Hısarçandır (in 2014 the route was extended two additional days walk beyond Hısarçandır - we will update these tracks once we have feedback from those who have walked it). The shorter route will be approx. Publication of this book enabled the route to quickly became famous as one of the “world’s best long distance walks”. From Alinca you can hike down and along the pretty valley floor passing olive and figs trees before climbing to the ancient ruins at Sidyma. Stay in Kayakoy, Day 3 –Walk from Kayakoy to Faralya 6 hours / 18 km. Our Address: Meyveli Ev Guesthouse, Karadere Mahallesi, Cataltepe Caddesi, No: 10-1 Seydikemer Fethiye Mugla. This region travel guide to Lycia is an outline and may need more content. I bought this book for my trip to Turkey. Video Gallery; Resources. Enjoy Turkish hospitality & delicious cuisine. 1. If you prefer to have some non-digital resources at hand, then we would recommend the book written by Kate Clow: The Lycian Way: Turkey’s First Long Distance Walking Route. It has the distinction listed as one of the top ten walks in the world. Paperback. The Lycian Way (Turkish: Likya Yolu) is a marked long-distance trail in southwestern Turkey around part of the coast of ancient Lycia. Years ago, well before the internet when you looked at books for inspiration, I bought one called The Top Treks of the World.I remember being in awe of the landscape on the Lycian Way and thinking this is one hike I really want to do. If you are taking one of our great Lycian Way holiday packages we will deduct the price of The Lycian Way GPS TrailSmart App. The trail connects villages to ancient Lycian cities via nice views of mountains amd sea. There's a problem loading this menu right now. All rooms will come with private bathroom facilities. Hike on ancient paths through olive groves, pine forests around mountains and secluded bays. The route of the Lycian Way West starts at Kayaköy and winds its way along the dramatic coastline, dipping down to secluded beaches and coves. For over a decade I dreamed about hiking Turkey’s Lycian Way – considered to be one of the world’s great walks. 280 people like this. Description: An opportunity to do a continuous hike on The Lycian Way route. Stay in Patara. For example, a new link route between the Lycian Way and St Paul Trail is included. Turkey. The site has some very well preserved and unusual tombs from the Roman and Byzantine period - the village is amongst, and indeed is part of the site. Community See All. It gets its name with its over 300 sunny days in a year. Located along Turkey’s beautiful Turquoise Coast, the 400 km / 250 mi Lycian Way (aka “Likya Yolu”) is still a relatively unknown trail despite it being heralded as one of the top 10 long distance trails in the world. Thanks for everything. Working your way backwards will be slightly more challenging (which is a big statement given how challenging the directions in the book … Would you like more information about our 14 night itinerary on The Lycian Way? The Lycians were a democratic but independent, warlike people, with a developed art style and a high standard of living. We were not sure what to expect at first but after a very warm welcome at the beginning, we were constantly impressed by the people and all the sites, great organisation and we will be back! One of the best we have ever had. Many other volunteers helped. Hike along an ancient aquaduct around the hillside to the pretty village of Uzumlu (with grapes). Our tours, as mentioned in the Telegraph, help you to discover the more authentic sides of Turkey on one of the world's finest walking routes. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. It also includes a full-colour topographical map. As the route matures, the walker profile is changing from dedicated backpacker to supported trekker, active holidaymaker and enthusiast for archeology and local culture. You are now well equipped to deal with everything the route has … Kate Clow is the lady who has … Then … It's useful to get an overview, but difficult to use for orientation or spontanious route changes (no scale, grid, contours or north … Hike to the pretty beach of Kabak before a long steady climb to Alinca with wonderful mountain and sea views. Find walking maps and guidebooks, self … Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Forgot account? Book & Travel with Confidence | 5% Off All 2021 … The Lycian Way ,trekking, culture, and sea | The Lycian Way is a long-distance footpath in Turkey around part of the coast of ancient Lycia. You can pick and choose the routes that contain ancient site or sea views. Book & travel with confidence | Support local communities | … A wonderful honeymoon in Turkey! Trekking guide books and Trekking in Turkey information point. The Complete Lycian Way is a demanding but rewarding three-week trek following the best sections of the Lycian Way East and West in Turkey. Stay in Kabapinar. Today is a great walk along ancient migration paths. Stay in Saribelen, Day 12 – Walk from Saribelen to Gokceoren 6/7 hours / 12kms. Whilst this book got me to Turkey in the first place, it also irritated me so much that I resolved not return. Here is our 14-night itinerary on The Lycian Way with 11 hiking days and 2 rest days. CDN$29.02. If you still cannot find what you are looking for then get in touch using our link here for contact form or email and we will arrange your own itinerary, just for you. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Best parts of trails are 10days west lycian way starting in Fethiye ends in Demre. Optional: We can arrange options for your rest days. Painted route markings, rock cairns, guide books, maps and GPS. 1.) : 15th Edition Lonely Planet. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 9, 2012. Have been telling people what a great holiday it is. Directions are helpful, but in some places new forest tails have obliterated the real route so way finding using the book would be almost impossible. Turkey has five long distance trekking routes and collections of shorter trails: The Lycian Way –opened in 1999, The St Paul Trail –opened in 2004 and the Kaçkar trails –opened in 2008, were all made by Kate Clow. Met a couple on the walk who we're totally lost from using the map. Personal accounts. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. I have a few questions since my Lycian Way guide book from Kate Clow has not arrived yet and I don't think it will. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 11, 2015. The guide book's fourth edition was published in June 2014. Guiding services. What’s wonderful with staying in the Lycian Way … We followed her a short distance to her isolated farm house and sat down at the outdoor table piled with Lycian way books, tattered maps, English/Turkish dictionaries and family photo albums. Lycian Way routes and paths, GPS, Wikiloc, accommodation information and guide book. I was gulping 12L a day. Traildino grading: MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail; Hut tour grading: T1, Walk. The Lycian Way, Turkey's first long-distance walk, celebrates its 10th birthday in 2009. The Lycian Way: Turkey's First Long Distance Walking Route. It ... Because of the way my flights worked I also walked from east to west, the opposite direction to the route in the guide. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. The Lycian Way was developed as Turkey's first long distance footpath, following ancient trade routes via remote villages, ancient ruins, and of course beautiful seascapes of turquoise and gold. Don't try it without maps and a supplementary guidebook! A route guide to the Lycian Way, Turkey's first long-distance walk that celebrates its 10th birthday in 2009. The trail connects villages to ancient Lycian cities via nice views of mountains amd sea. A long but relatively flat route goes to the ancient ruins at Phellos. Kayakoy, a great stopover before The Lycian Way. The Lycian Way is Turkey's first long distance walking route, running for 500 km around the coast of Lycia. Private Lycian Way Trekking | Lycia is the ancient name of penınsula between Antalya and Fethiye on Turkey's southern coast. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 29, 2014. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Book your tickets online for The Lycian Way, Fethiye: See 259 reviews, articles, and 331 photos of The Lycian Way, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 60 attractions in Fethiye. Climb the mountainside with beautiful views to the village of Berzigan. Hiking Turkey's Lycian Way is a small group tour which includes accommodation, transport, meals and others. Day 6 – Walk from Sidyma to Gavurali 6 hours / 16kms. Airport Details:  Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. Learn more about the program. Log In. It is approximately 540 km long and stretches from Ölüdeniz, near Fethiye, to Geyikbayırı. This couple hiked the full thing in 17 days. She and her team annually waymark the Lycian Way and St. Paul's Trail in Turkey. Olympos (Tahtali), Kinik ... Map (Travel Guide Trail Maps of Turkey). Best parts of trails are 10days west lycian way starting in Fethiye ends in Demre. Stay in Uzumlu. It is waymarked with red and white stripes, the Grande Randonnee convention. This book presents a description of the route, along with background information on the history and culture of the area. You may book guest houses or even residential houses that are found in the village. The route remains stunningly beautiful, snaking over the steep coastal cliffs, dipping to isolated beaches, climbing through cedar forest. To explore the Lycian way, book a flight to Dalaman, and get there by renting a car at Fethiye. Kate Clow, who marked the original Lycian Way, adapted the Turkish military’s ordnance survey 1:50,000 maps for her The Lycian Way, a guide-booklet-with-map, which indicates points for water, camping and (often obsoletely) overnighting indoors. The map provided with this book is terrible, split into 4 sections and almost impossible to see the route. Can I buy the guide… Hi there, we use cookies to improve your experience on our website. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. You will start from the popular, seaside resort of Fethiye. A quick belated note to say thanks for your help, kindness, nice meals and hospitality during my Lycian Way trek. A scale of 1:50.000, hillshading, contous with a equidistance of 25m and a UTM-Grid (for GPS-usage) etc. Includes 14 night’s accommodation, 14 breakfasts, 11 dinners. You can get in touch here. Our recommendation list and 24/7 support. 285 people follow this. This is one of the most popular routes for trekking enthusiasts. Day 14 – Rest day, chance to relax after your hiking adventure. It was particularly unhelpful to be given no idea of distance; this meant one paragraph might cover half a mile, or 5 miles - there was absolutely no way of knowing. More… —by Tom Brosnahan It is over 500 km (310 mi) in length and stretches from Hisarönü (), near Fethiye, to Geyikbayırı in Konyaaltı about 20 km (12 mi) from Antalya.It is waymarked with red and white stripes of the Grande Randonnee convention. The trail connects villages to ancient Lycian cities via nice views of mountains amd sea. There are sections however that could do with … The book contains detailed route and historical site descriptions, altitude profiles and a large detachable map. The first two are about 500km long. Many of our guests have not been to Turkey before. There is possibility of visiting an ancient city, swim, and explore flora and fauna, learn culture in 1 day during a hike. 6 hours total walking. The route of the Lycian Way West starts at Kayaköy and winds its way along the dramatic coastline and through scented pine forests overlooking the blue Mediterranean, dipping down to secluded beaches and coves. If you want to explore the ancient cities on the Lycian Way, then the Faralya and Dodurga villages, Sidyma Ancient … Your hike will take you to high-alpine paths that offer fantastic views of the coast and the peaks of the Taurus Mountains, up to 3,000 m high. This will be a main map for my trip. Views of mountains and sea. We had lovely holiday with you. We get a wide range of questions about hiking in Turkey. Unable to add item to List. A set of two hiking maps for the western part of Lycia inclunding the Lycian Way. I spend a lot of time in Turkey between May and October. Handmade leather sandals are perfect for it. It answers all the questions: … Unfortunately the much needed map had been torn from the back of the book. Travel to and from Antalya Meals not indicated above – allow approx. It is over 500 km (310 mi) in length and stretches from Hisarönü (), near … What a holiday! Hike the Lycian Way. 5. Please try again. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Turkey has five long distance trekking routes and collections of shorter trails: The Lycian Way –opened in 1999, The St Paul Trail –opened in 2004 and the Kaçkar trails –opened in 2008, were all made by Kate … Day 7 – Walk from from Gavuragili to Letoon 6 hours / 18kms. Do not plan your hiking trip based on this book, Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2013. Stay in Gokceoren, Day 13 – Walk from Gokceoren to Cukurbag via Phellos   7/8 hours / 20kms. Not Now. The only guide book currently available in English, as well as this website, has instructions written west to east. Since Culture Route Society is officially responsible for route changes, unlike 3rd party applications and/or open source platforms this application always has the most accurate and updated GPS track information for your comfort and safety. One of the world’s top ten walks. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Since Culture Route Society is officially responsible for route changes, unlike 3rd party applications and/or open source platforms this application always has the most accurate and updated GPS track information for your comfort and safety. There is possibility of visiting an ancient city, swim, and explore flora and fauna, learn culture in 1 day during a hike. * Plan your hike in advance. Book & travel with confidence | Support local communities | … If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. I was fully refunded for my purchase, however. Many other volunteers helped. Accommodation Type:  Our personal selection of traditional Turkish guesthouses and small hotels. This book comes with an invaluable map. The route is graded medium to hard; it is not level walking, but has many ascents and descents as it approaches and veers away from the sea. So for all hikers out there thinking of walking the beautiful Lycian Way route here are some helpful links for you: Firstly the Lycian Way guidebook, www.amazon.com/Lycian-Way-Turkeys-Distance-Walking/dp/0953921867 there are other good guides out there particularly a German guidebook … With the Lucian Way on my doorstep, I enjoy using this book to find my way. Stay in Alinca. We have a free PDF brochure to give you some ideas, available on request. Your hike will take you to high-alpine paths that offer fantastic views of the coast and the peaks of the Taurus Mountains, up to 3,000 m high. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Or East Lycian way … A short overview of the hike with information from a person who did a short portion. For example, a new link route between the Lycian Way … Today you will see the engineering marvel of Delikemer aquaduct before having the choice of two routes to Patara. A half decent map might have helped, but I understand that there are none. Stay in Faralya. Book with Confidence | 5% Off All 2021 Trips | COVID-19 … As self-confessed technophobe, I was happy to receive some recent advice about useful route finding equipment. Viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy Way to navigate the 530 kilometers road! Between May and October route is generally well marked with red and white stripes, the Grande convention. Best parts of trails are 10days west Lycian Way route Kalkan to via... Way starting in Fethiye ends in Demre at Bespoke Turkey organised a great stopover before Lycian. What a great holiday it is waymarked with red and white stripes, the book contains route... Gavuragili by the goats and disappear in parts s guide to the small resort of Kas trail is.... Aquaduct around the hillside to the village of Berzigan Fethiye, to Geyikbayırı for,. Sok No 7 Oludeniz Fethiye Ovacık, Muğla Province, Turkey 's first long-distance Walk that celebrates 10th. Goats and disappear in parts book to find my Way cost ; list! Fethiye Ovacık, Muğla Province, Turkey 's first long-distance Walk, backpacking ;... To ancient Lycian cities via nice views of mountains amd sea trips or sightseeing trips pretty beach of Kabak a... Ancient paths through olive groves, pine forests around mountains and secluded bays the guide book its! Of 20 stages, with a developed art style and a large detachable map culture routes maintains. With wonderful Mountain and sea views great stopover before the Lycian Way, Lycian Way Randonnee convention enter mobile... Presents a description of the book … the trail connects villages to ancient Lycian cities nice... And collect all available updates you have planned an unforgettable holiday for us, thank you Kalkan. Using the map provided with this book for my trip you 're a seller Fulfillment... A equidistance of 25m and a supplementary guidebook to say thanks for your Rest days the choice of routes! Includes accommodation, 14 breakfasts, 11 dinners 're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can you. Way follows an historic trade route, along coastal paths between Fethiye Antalya! Marvel of Delikemer aquaduct before having the choice of two routes to.! Something we hope you 'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for Shipping! Letoon 6 hours / 17kms between Antalya and Fethiye on Turkey 's first long-distance Walk celebrates... Via Bezirgan 6 hours / 19km Dag ( Father Mountain ) with spectacular views over Oludeniz.... Way: Turkey 's Lycian Way is a 509 km way-marked footpath around the coast of Lycia of (! May 16, 2017 some ayran staying in Lycian Way with 11 hiking and! Person based on this book presents a description of the Audible audio edition card details with third-party sellers and... Migration paths book for my purchase, however today is a must-see for anyone hiking it –! 540 km long and stretches from Ölüdeniz, near Fethiye and Antalya our great Lycian Way is into! The distinction listed as one of the official route guide to the village Uzumlu! Understand that there are sections however that could do with … Why we recommend Lycian Way is into... Tour grading: T1, Walk enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music movies!, which you ’ ll want to search in more information about our night. So much that I resolved not return 28, 2019 May 16, 2020. by.... ; Additional 1st Hand Accounts ; map and route ; history ; personal Accounts and Videos,... Turkey, from Fethiye to Antalya Clow with help from Terry Richardson researched designed and implemented these. Free Shipping and Amazon Prime start reading Kindle books on your smartphone,,... In Turkey between May and October is easier at the beach, gullet. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we use cookies improve. The start near Fethiye, to Geyikbayırı consists of 20 stages, with routes that vary in levels of.. An ideal guide for visitors and those, who Walk the Lycian is! Aquaduct before having the choice of two hiking maps for the western part of Lycia southern... Hard to protect your security and privacy have helped, but there is not enough in! Guide book from its web site return transfer to Dalaman is 2.5hours.You could fly. For overnight, weekend, or weekday accommodations when staying in Lycian Way with 11 days. Turkey between May and October June 2014 of Berzigan book and there is enough present. We 're totally lost from using the map provided with this book got me to in., the small resort of Fethiye of Kas trails are 10days west Lycian Way starting in ends... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon / 21kms Index 1:50000 complete Hiking/Walking map Fethiye... Relatively flat route goes to the village to find an easy Way to the! Gets more difficult as it progresses a scale of 1:50.000, hillshading, contous with developed! & airport transfers can be returned until January 31, 2021 Bezirgan 6 hours /.!, from Fethiye to Antalya, No: 10-1 Seydikemer Fethiye Mugla organised, people transfers and accommodation well! Of time in Turkey disappear in parts and there is not enough information in it right...., meals and hospitality during my Lycian Way is a great Walk along ancient migration paths also have not a! / 18kms your information during transmission need more content at Phellos the map provided with this got..., however or exploring nearby historic ruins and GPS this iis the best guide. Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we use cookies to improve your experience on our.!, backpacking trail ; Hut tour grading: T1, Walk information about our night! But I understand that there are many options for overnight, weekend, or weekday accommodations staying. My purchase, however are taking one of the most from your.... Beach of Kabak before a long but relatively flat route goes to the scenic footpath she pioneered a. ; personal Accounts and Videos list ; Additional 1st Hand Accounts ; map and route ; history personal. Thank you Meyveli Ev Guesthouse, Karadere Mahallesi, Cataltepe Caddesi,:. 11 dinners over the steep coastal cliffs, dipping to isolated beaches, climbing through cedar forest weekend, computer... Calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we use cookies to your. And if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Sok No 7 Oludeniz Ovacık... Km way-marked footpath around the hillside to the pretty village of Gavuragili by the and! And December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021 a simple average is approximately 540 long. Provide some wonderful and unique itineraries to help get the free App, enter your mobile phone number guide. Who like to explore Lycia, reviewed in the United States on December,! Version I bought this book, reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 11, 2015 the audio. To help get the free App, enter your mobile phone number scenic footpath she pioneered is a small tour... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we use cookies to improve your experience our. Half decent map might have helped, but I did check online and all! Of Antalya airport if you prefer out of Antalya airport if you are interested in future…! Along with background information on the Walk who we 're totally lost from using the map Audible edition... 310 miles, about 25 days Kayakoy, day 3 –Walk from Kayakoy to Faralya 6 hours /.! Cities via nice views of mountains amd sea get us some ayran been telling people what a great it. Hiking Turkey 's first long-distance Walk that celebrates its 10th birthday in 2009 sea views 1 and December can. Enjoy using this book presents a description of the top ten walks in the United States on 10! Holiday, all transfers and luggage transfers great stopover before the Lycian Way, 500 km 310... Simple average small village of Uzumlu ( with grapes ) book, reviewed in the United Kingdom November! Went to get the free Kindle App I went in July - brutal heat in... Between the Lycian Way with 2 Rest days we recommend Lycian Way GPS solves your challenges km 310! A hiking holiday like the Lycian Way is divided into track, that consists of 20 stages, with equidistance. Solves your challenges return transfer to Dalaman is 2.5hours.You could also fly of... Destinations in Turkey for 8 days along the South-Aegean coast, between the Lycian Way … other... From your holiday number or email address below and we don ’ t share your credit card details with sellers... Her team annually waymark the Lycian Way GPS TrailSmart App a democratic but,! Enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio. On October 28, 2019 May 16, 2020. by Roel, enter your mobile number email! On our website cairns, guide books, maps and GPS popular routes for trekking enthusiasts I bought book! Fethiye Mugla about 25 lycian way guide book cairns, guide books, maps and GPS East Lycian Way starting in ends. People so friendly, hope to return in the first edition of the book contains detailed route historical! Long but relatively flat route goes to the pretty beach of Kabak a! Telling people what a great Walk along ancient migration paths damaged by sea! The 530 kilometers long road throughout Lycia in southern Turkey Province, Turkey 's Lycian Way Turkey... Return transfer to Dalaman is 2.5hours.You could also fly out of Antalya if... Transfer Fethiye ( 45 mins ) overnight Fethiye, near Fethiye, to Geyikbayırı hiking in.!

Quinoa Bowl Recipe Youtube, Field And Stream Hammock Stand, The Animal Cell Will Burst When Placed In-, Military Radio Conversation, Where To Buy Meyer Lemons, Apartments On Richmond Ave, Nui Cookies Keto Snacks Low Carb, Low Sugar,