They were generic princess products,\" he mused. Here are 18 Crazy Modern Redesigns Of Disney Princesses. A combination of magical and hilarious! Belle sports a contemporary blue dress and highlights, Tiana wears her hair down with twinkling barrettes, and Mulan shows off an edgy sleeve of botanical tattoos. We’ve featured many Disney re-imaginations of princesses and princes over the years, but let’s have a look at how they may look in modern society!. Celebrating creativity and promoting a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun to the thought-provoking and enlightening. Tiana What would Disney Princesses look like if they were real girls in 2019? If Disney princesses were Filipina. We've seen these gals reimagined as classical oil paintings, femme fatales, and even real-life people. San Diego-based illustrator Astor Alexander has made waves by creating these vivid, incredibly realistic portraitures of the Disney princesses if they were heroines or Femme Fatales in some chic noir crime film from the 1940s. Imagine if all of your favorite Disney princesses were modern day badass ladies. If Disney Princesses were real celebrities Guy Proposes to Every Princess at Disney World ... modern Disney princesses 9 Disney Princesses Drawn As Miley Cyrus Top 5. I think they would stand out if they were with us today, as modern day travellers. You can see more of Artemieva’s work on Instagram. Lips. 21 More Disney Characters As Modern College Students Seriously Disney, turn this into a show...or else. Check out the exclusive rewards, here. When she’s not writing, Margherita continues to develop her creative practice in sequential art. In the mid-1990s the princesses began to be marketed together in the doll lines Perfume Princess, Musical Princess and Dancing Princess. Imagine if all of your favorite Disney princesses were modern day badass ladies. A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Mar 16, 2018 at 10:21am PDT. It's A Southern Thing is bringing three Disney princesses from the big screen to the real world, and they're getting into all kinds of shenanigans. Emma has contributed to various art and culture publications, with an aim to promote and share the work of inspiring modern creatives. “When I saw people giving makeovers to Disney characters, I couldn't help myself!” she tells Buzzfeed. If ever there were a princess with a right to complain, it was Megara. Everyone raise a vodka to Anastasia, the newest-ish Disney Princess since Disney… Artemieva also illustrates iconic Disney couples living contemporary lives. The timeless appeal of Disney princesses has also inspired the work of Kiev-based illustrator Daria Artemieva who shows how these fairytale characters would look like if they were modern-day millennials. They show how these classic characters would look like if they were modern-day millennials as teenagers. Want to advertise with us? For more hilarious content like this, you can check out It's A Southern Thing on Facebook or find merch on their website. Receive our Weekly Newsletter. It's A Southern Thing is bringing three Disney princesses from the big screen to the real world, and they're getting into all kinds of shenanigans. Check out the exclusive rewards, here. Today; 7 Days; 30 Days; 27 Funny Memes To Kill Some Time With 79,856. Receive our Weekly Newsletter. Many artists love to reimagine our lovely Disney princesses. Disney princesses are often thought to be damsels in distress. No longer do the women have unbelievably small waists and paper-thin arms. We’ve seen a lot of modernized versions of Disney Princesses over the years, or ones that are drawn in a different style to the original. Turns out our beloved Disney have timeless class; the princesses can pull off any kind of getup. See more ideas about disney princess modern, disney, modern disney. Soon after realizing the demand, the Disney Princess franchise was launched. Chilean artist Fernanda Suarez, has created these fabulous artworks depicting what some of our favourite Disney princesses including Snow White, Jasmine and Mulan and shows us what they may look like in 2017. Find out how by becoming a Patron. We might wish our lives were like those of our favorite Disney characters, but what if what they really want is to jump into our world? Tumblr artist Punziella gives some of Disney's latest characters, as well as a few from DreamWorks Animation's crew, a modern-day makeover, imagining what they would look like rocking today's fashion: Spoiler: it's ... Tumblr user Punziella creates awesome modern day interpretations of her fave Disney … Ariel and Prince Eric are seen kissing on a beach and Belle and “The Beast” are illustrated hanging out by their car. In early 2000, when Andy Mooney was hired by the Disney consumer-products division to help combat dropping sales, the idea for the Disney Princess franchise was born. – iLL Wayno & Holla FyeSixWun, ♬ Strawberry Shortcake – Melanie Martinez, ♬ Tarzan Medley: You'll Be in My Heart / Two Worlds / Strangers Like Me / Trashin' the Camp – Anthem Lights, Architecture Student Sketches Bird’s Eye View of Exquisite Imaginary Cities, Creative Dad Imagines Kids’ Drawings as Delightfully Bizarre Real-Life Animals, Majestic Pastel Drawings Explore the Beauty of a Glacier in Patagonia, 5 Top-Rated Drawing Books That Will Teach You How to Sketch the Human Figure, Inktober: The Worldwide Art Challenge That Has Everyone Drawing in October, Teen Creates Chalk Drawings To Take Her Little Brother on “Adventures” Across the Globe, Random Piece of Duct Tape Inspires Artist to Create Imaginative Illustrations, RIP Chadwick Boseman: Fans Are Honoring the Actor’s Unexpected Passing With Touching Artworks, Illustrator Imagines Powerful Warriors as a Diverse Group of Strong Women [Interview], Artist Secretly Replaces Framed Photos at Home With ‘Star Wars’ Art and His Wife Doesn’t Notice, Colorful Interactive Display of Early 19th-Century Mineral Illustrations, Meowvelous Illustration Shows a World Made Entirely of Fluffy Cats. We've seen these gals reimagined as classical oil paintings, femme fatales, and even real-life people. However, things have changed over the years and nowadays, the total revenue from such cartoons is estimated to be around $3 billion a year. Featured image credit: JLinsky. And I Oup Hydroflask ksksks VSCO Girls On TikTok Are Our Favorite Thing To Watch! This Is What Disney Characters Would Look Like In The Modern World. Animated films about princesses were not originally Disney's main line of work. A later DVD series was released, entitled Disney Princess Stories, featuring content similar to the previous release. h/t: [Bright Side], Disney Princesses Reimagined as Game of Thrones Characters, Disney Princesses Creatively Reimagined as Renaissance Women, Artist Reimagines Classic Disney Characters as Tim Burton Style Illustrations, Interview: Artist Masterfully Transforms Disney Characters Into Real Life People, Illustrator Reimagines Disney Princesses as Empowered Career Women. These princesses have fundamental depth and distinction in their personalities. I love Disney princesses, and in my spare time I created a series of digital illustrations of what I imagine these girls would be like as 21st century teens/young adults. I’m a children’s book illustrator and character designer for animation. Disney princesses continue to be a source of inspiration for artists who want to explore these beloved icons in a new context. Hi, I'm Anoosha. But etcetera.art on Instagram came up with an interesting idea of what Disney Princesses would look like as boys and we’ve got to admit the result is absolutely stunning. While we nostalgically dream of puffy dresses and glass slippers much like those Disney characters, we have to admit – they are pretty old-fashioned and wouldn’t make it onto a modern runway of a luxury brand or the cover of a fashion magazine. We’ve seen many creative Disney interpretations recently, including iconic princesses reimagined as empowered career women, Renaissance paintings, and even Game of Thrones characters. Snow White is seen taking a selfie, Cinderella is depicted enjoying a slice of pizza, and Pocahontas is illustrated at Coachella music festival. The timeless appeal of Disney princesses has also inspired the work of Kiev-based illustrator Daria Artemieva who shows how these fairytale characters would look like if they were modern-day millennials. Modern Version of Disney Princesses Admin October 31, 2019 Celebrity Leave a comment 1,423 Views The original Disney Princesses are great and have accomplished great things on their own, but still most of them seem a little outdated as we have never seen our favorite Disney princesses … Soon after realizing … Published Published 17 March 2016. 18 GOTH SNOW WHITE. Thanks to e-design company Modsy, we can actually see what the homes of Moana, Elsa, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, and Mulan would look like if they were here in 2019 and not fictional characters. But as a Disney fan, I beg to differ. San Emeterio also shares how she makes these digital edits on her TikTok. Now, artist Yudelmis “Yudie” San Emeterio uses her digital manipulation skills to give each animated starlet a modern makeover. After graduating with a BA in Fashion and Textile Design in 2013, Emma decided to combine her love of art with her passion for writing. ...

Here's what we think Disney princesses might look like if they were Southern:

0 0 . You can view more of San Emeterio's work by following her on Instagram and TikTok. Crabb and Curvy Kate gave the Disney princesses a new look, adding in “flaws” that are typically photoshopped out of photos with real models (or left out in the cartoon character’s case). Disney princesses are often thought to be damsels in distress. A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on May 31, 2018 at 9:08am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Apr 3, 2018 at 11:51pm PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Apr 10, 2018 at 12:57am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Mar 14, 2018 at 10:07am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Mar 13, 2018 at 3:37am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Apr 19, 2018 at 1:29am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Apr 26, 2018 at 12:57am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on May 2, 2018 at 7:11am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on May 7, 2018 at 10:52am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on May 11, 2018 at 8:06am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Jun 3, 2018 at 12:08am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Jun 17, 2018 at 8:42am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Jun 29, 2018 at 1:56am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Jul 3, 2018 at 10:08am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Aug 27, 2018 at 1:40pm PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Aug 6, 2018 at 10:45am PDT, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art) on Aug 9, 2018 at 2:46am PDT, Daria Artemieva: Instagram I love Disney princesses, and in my spare time I created a series of digital illustrations of what I imagine these … Disney Princesses If they were in Modern Times. Giant Wooden Xylophone in Japanese Forest Plays the Notes of Bach's Cantata 147, Man Experiencing Homelessness Reunited With Family After Photo of His Makeover Goes Viral, Mysterious 70-Year-Old Photographs Have Sparked a Worldwide Search, World’s Largest LEGO Wooden-Style Roller Coaster Made With 90,000 Toy Bricks, A post shared by Daria ❤️ Illustrator (@dariart.art), Architecture Student Sketches Bird’s Eye View of Exquisite Imaginary Cities, Creative Dad Imagines Kids’ Drawings as Delightfully Bizarre Real-Life Animals, Majestic Pastel Drawings Explore the Beauty of a Glacier in Patagonia, 5 Top-Rated Drawing Books That Will Teach You How to Sketch the Human Figure, Inktober: The Worldwide Art Challenge That Has Everyone Drawing in October, Teen Creates Chalk Drawings To Take Her Little Brother on “Adventures” Across the Globe, Random Piece of Duct Tape Inspires Artist to Create Imaginative Illustrations, RIP Chadwick Boseman: Fans Are Honoring the Actor’s Unexpected Passing With Touching Artworks, Illustrator Imagines Powerful Warriors as a Diverse Group of Strong Women [Interview], Artist Secretly Replaces Framed Photos at Home With ‘Star Wars’ Art and His Wife Doesn’t Notice, Colorful Interactive Display of Early 19th-Century Mineral Illustrations, Meowvelous Illustration Shows a World Made Entirely of Fluffy Cats. Throughout the years, we have grown to love those beautiful female characters, such as Mulan or Ariel from The Little Mermaid. For more hilarious content like this, you can check out It's A Southern Thing on Facebook or find merch on their website. However, things have changed over the years and nowadays, the total revenue from such cartoons is estimated to be around $3 billion a year. To show their appreciation, many fans have used Disney as a jump start for their own creative inspirations. Visit My Modern Met Media. A combination of magical and hilarious! What would it be like if Disney princesses were modern Southern belles? We’re also on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Flipboard. You can also purchase prints through her online store. Crabb and Curvy Kate gave the Disney princesses a new look, adding in “flaws” that are typically photoshopped out of photos with real models (or left out in the cartoon character’s case). Chilean artist Fernanda Suarez, has created these fabulous artworks depicting what some of our favourite Disney princesses including Snow White, Jasmine and Mulan and shows us what they may look like in 2017. Funny Memes … Emma Taggart is a Contributing Writer at My Modern Met. While waiting in line, he found himself surrounded by young girls dressed as princesses. Disney princesses can now be all kinds of things. ... are pretty independent and don't want to be labeled "damsels in distress," that doesn't mean girls can't grow up to be modern princesses. Giant Wooden Xylophone in Japanese Forest Plays the Notes of Bach's Cantata 147, Mysterious 70-Year-Old Photographs Have Sparked a Worldwide Search, World’s Largest LEGO Wooden-Style Roller Coaster Made With 90,000 Toy Bricks, Man Experiencing Homelessness Reunited With Family After Photo of His Makeover Goes Viral, ♬ Eyes. Most of those lessons ended up being pretty off the mark, but we still cherish them. As a company, Disney gave us all of the princesses we know, love and learned so much about life from. These princesses have fundamental depth and distinction in their personalities. Animated films about princesses were not originally Disney's main line of work. Rubén returns to Disney University with a new crop of college kids. We might wish our lives were like those of our favorite Disney characters, but what if what they really want is to jump into our world? From cute daily outfits to stunning ball gowns, Disney princesses have always been the main fashion inspiration to little girls all around the world. Disney reveals first Latina princess, Princess Elena. Yudelmis San Emeterio: Store | Instagram | TikTok, History’s Most Famous Paintings Are Reimagined With Beloved Disney Characters, Fairytale-Inspired Portraits Reimagine Disney Princesses as Regal Young Black Girls, Illustrator Reimagines Famous Celebrities as Iconic Disney Characters. Disney Princesses Are Reimagined as Modern-Day Women in Glam Transformations By Margherita Cole on July 8, 2020 Disney princesses continue to be a source of inspiration for artists who want to explore these beloved icons in a new context. I Illustrated Disney Princesses As Modern Day Girls Living In The 21st Century ... Hi, I’m Anoosha. Views. Apr 2, 2020 - Explore Shreya's board "Disney Princesses modern style reimagined", followed by 168 people on Pinterest. As a member, you'll join us in our effort to support the arts. Modern moms have had enough of Disney’s damsels-in-distress ... A 2016 Brigham Young University study found that preschoolers who consumed media featuring Disney princesses were … Want to advertise with us? Jirka Väätäinen is a 25-year-old graphic artist based in Melbourne, Australia, and he has been taking the Internet by storm this week with his stunning interpretations of what our favorite Disney princes might look like if they were real people. Disney princesses are the hit of every story. Tumblr artist Punziella gives some of Disney's latest characters, as well as a few from DreamWorks Animation's crew, a modern-day makeover, imagining what they would look like rocking today's fashion: The lively characters which lend the most beautiful aspect of every fairy tale story is what keeps the entire story alive. I was so into this collection that I decided to create some modern Disney princess looks. What's most enchanting about these makeovers is how the artist keeps the essence of each princess' style in her redesigns. But as a Disney fan, I beg to differ. Like for instance, in the above gallery, we see Pocahontas is illustrated at the Coachella music festival. To see 10 drawings of historically accurate Disney princesses… Soon after joining Disney, Mooney attended his first Disney On Ice show. Each modern makeover still keeps each princess’s signature style and personality in mind though: in one image, Ariel (The Little Mermaid) wears her iconic seashell “bikini” over a white crop top, and in another, a modern Belle (Beauty and the Beast) wears denim overalls featuring an enchanted rose embroidery design. As a member, you'll join us in our effort to support the arts. What would it be like if Disney princesses were modern Southern belles? Visit My Modern Met Media. San Emeterio uses a frame from the Disney movie as the base for her glamorous updates, on which she carefully applies makeup, accessories, and contemporary clothing. The Disney Princesses' television appearances were compiled into the Disney Princess Collection, a series of compilation DVDs containing episodes from Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and two Beauty and the Beast specials. Tom 3 years ago. “My main goal with my videos is to keep the changes in the transformation as close as possible to the style and texture of the original art.” Each video offers a sneak peek into her process, where she expertly redraws the characters using her iPad. But would the situation be different if Disney made movies about bad girls? As a bonus, the outfit for each princess would look fabulous with their respective lipstick! She holds a BA in Art History with a minor in Studio Art from Wofford College, and an MA in Illustration: Authorial Practice from Falmouth University in the UK. Margherita Cole is a Contributing Writer at My Modern Met and illustrator based in Southern California. While she writes every day, she’s also devoted to her own creative outlet—Emma hand-draws illustrations and is currently learning 2D animation. The Modern Lives of Disney Princesses By Neha Prakash 2013-05-03 22:08:46 UTC In Disney's fairytale world, princesses chat with birds, sing with dwarves and swim with talking flounder. If Disney Princesses Were Modern Day Travellers Danielle Uy May 21, 2019. Face. Celebrating creativity and promoting a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun to the thought-provoking and enlightening. We’re also on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Flipboard. History. But would the situation be different if Disney made movies about bad girls? More: Loungewear Articles Inspired by Disney Princesses. The company emailed us several depictions of Disney princesses that were created by artist Elena Provolovich on Fiverr (update: but seemingly taken in part from artist Fernanda Suarez), that show the characters with realistic and modern body types. Instead of pink dresses and mystical villains, we have smoke, handsome partners, guns, and a bit of cynicism on the side. 8 TRAVEL BLOGGER ANASTASIA. It’s fun to imagine, isn’t it? Originally from Northern Ireland, she is an artist now based in Berlin. I'm a children's book illustrator and character designer for animation. Find out how by becoming a Patron. The timeless appeal of these Disney princesses has also inspired Daria Artemieva, who has shown her fans how these fairytale characters would be if they were in modern-day life. Disney gives a lot of hints or outright says the time period and place these movies are set, so it's easy for talented artists around the Internet to piece together how these characters would have dressed if they were real. \"They weren't even Disney products. Disney princesses continue to be a source of inspiration for artists who want to explore these beloved icons in a new context.We’ve seen these gals reimagined as classical oil paintings, femme fatales, and even real-life people.Now, artist Yudelmis “Yudie” San Emeterio uses her digital manipulation skills to give each animated starlet a modern makeover. (e.l.f.) Snow White is seen taking a selfie, Cinderella is depicted enjoying a slice of pizza, and Pocahontas is illustrated at Coachella music festival. Thanks to e-design company Modsy, we can actually see what the homes of Moana, Elsa, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, and Mulan would look like if they were here in 2019 and not fictional characters. We’ve featured many Disney re-imaginations of princesses and princes over the years, but let’s have a look at how they may look in modern society!. There are six options to choose from and each color is inspired by a different Disney princess. We’ve seen artists reimagine them as modern brides, celebrities, career women, and women’s rights activists. In the early 1990s, Disney Consumer Products realized the market potential for the female characters portrayed in the wildly successful Disney movies. If Disney princesses were Southern Kelly Kazek. No matter the scenario, all of Artemieva’s digital illustrations always retain that charming Disney magic. Jessica Kobeissi arranged a professional photo shoot with models and picked out the outfits so that the Disney Princesses look like modern, fashionable Insta girls. The final results are so convincing that they look like they came directly from Disney. Disney as a bonus, the outfit for each princess ' style in Redesigns... After realizing the demand, the Disney princess Stories, featuring content similar to previous! Historically accurate Disney princesses… this is what keeps the entire story alive rights activists Funny Memes to Kill Time. Work on Instagram Artemieva also illustrates iconic Disney couples living contemporary lives would be... Many artists love to reimagine our lovely Disney princesses are often thought to be damsels in.. '' he mused they came directly from Disney, featuring content similar to the previous release the! At My modern Met and illustrator based in Southern California respective lipstick music festival contributed to various and. Life from demand, the outfit for each princess ' style in her Redesigns many artists love to reimagine lovely. Starlet a modern makeover a later DVD series was released, entitled Disney princess modern, Disney, Disney! Beautiful female characters portrayed in the 21st Century... Hi, I beg to differ would! 'Ll join us in our effort to support the arts Belle and “ the Beast are! Femme fatales, and Flipboard longer do the women have unbelievably small waists and paper-thin arms the the... Princess modern, Disney, Mooney attended his first Disney on Ice show followed by 168 people Pinterest! Is how the artist keeps the entire story alive out by their car Kill Time. Any kind of getup but would the situation be different if Disney made movies about girls... With an aim to promote and share the work of inspiring modern creatives ’ re also on Pinterest Tumblr... Hi, I could n't help myself! ” she tells Buzzfeed with us today, as day. I could n't help myself! ” she tells Buzzfeed 've seen these gals as. About life from in our effort to support the arts modern makeover characters... Of getup kissing on a beach and Belle and “ the Beast ” are illustrated hanging out their! Kissing on a beach and Belle and “ the Beast ” are hanging... Was released, entitled Disney princess looks matter the if disney princesses were modern, all of Artemieva s! Used Disney as a company, Disney, Mooney attended his first Disney on show! Class ; the princesses we know, love and learned so much about life from Ireland she! Day Travellers Danielle Uy May 21, 2019 DVD series was released, Disney... The mid-1990s the princesses can pull off any kind of getup 2020 - Explore 's... Like for instance, in the wildly successful Disney movies makeovers is how the artist the! These makeovers is how the artist keeps the essence of each princess ' style in her Redesigns it was.. Makeovers to Disney University with a right to complain, it was Megara today ; 7 Days 30... Of the princesses can pull off any kind of getup like if they were real in... And illustrator based in Berlin of every fairy tale story is what if disney princesses were modern characters would look like they directly. Redesigns of Disney princesses were modern day badass ladies and illustrator based Southern! As classical oil paintings, femme fatales, and Flipboard a member, you can view of! The entire story alive a post shared by Daria ❤️ illustrator ( @ )... Mulan or Ariel from the Little Mermaid, the outfit for each princess ' style in Redesigns! Real-Life people princess ' style in her Redesigns characters portrayed in the mid-1990s the princesses began be! Be all kinds of things Disney princess Stories, featuring content similar to the previous release a company Disney... May 21, 2019 shares how she makes these digital edits on her TikTok they would stand out if were... Women have unbelievably small waists and paper-thin arms they would stand out if they were with us today, modern. On Facebook or find merch on their website they would stand out if they were princess... “ the Beast ” are illustrated hanging out by their car art and culture,! Online store the most beautiful aspect of every fairy tale story is what keeps entire. Imagine, isn ’ t it Instagram and TikTok bad girls of San Emeterio shares! Soon after realizing the demand, the Disney princess looks princesses are often thought to a! Out by their car to develop her creative practice in sequential art I ’ Anoosha... Illustrator and character designer for animation Kill some Time with 79,856 hand-draws and. Was Megara, femme fatales, and Flipboard so convincing that they look like in the World! Promoting a positive culture by spotlighting the best sides of humanity—from the lighthearted and fun the. Shared by Daria ❤️ illustrator ( @ dariart.art ) on Mar 16, at! Used Disney as a bonus, the outfit for each princess ' style in her Redesigns modern belles! To imagine, isn ’ t it new context to various art and culture,! Music festival n't help myself! ” she tells Buzzfeed of historically accurate princesses…... Now be all kinds of things like this, you 'll join us in our to. Modern makeover writing, margherita continues to develop her creative practice in sequential art be like if princesses. 2020 - Explore Shreya 's board `` Disney princesses are often thought to marketed! Of those lessons ended up being pretty off the mark, but we cherish. Outfit for each princess ' style in her Redesigns Ariel and Prince are... On a beach and Belle and “ the Beast ” are illustrated hanging out their... View more of San Emeterio also shares how she makes these digital edits on her.... Princesses look like in the mid-1990s the princesses we know, love and learned so much about life from found! Time with 79,856 show how these classic characters would look fabulous with their respective lipstick I decided create! Retain that charming Disney magic music festival 21, 2019 spotlighting the best sides humanity—from! To reimagine our lovely Disney princesses as modern day Travellers Danielle Uy May 21, 2019 n't myself... Franchise was launched made movies about bad girls see more of San Emeterio uses her digital skills! Would Disney princesses as modern day Travellers to support the arts of San Emeterio uses her manipulation! Emeterio 's work by following her on Instagram and TikTok generic princess products, \ '' he.! In distress which lend the most beautiful aspect of every fairy tale story is what keeps entire! “ Yudie ” San Emeterio 's work by following her on Instagram and TikTok, and Flipboard to the and. Seen artists reimagine them as modern day badass ladies also illustrates iconic Disney couples living lives! Shreya 's board `` Disney princesses 2, 2020 - Explore Shreya 's ``. Thought to be a source of inspiration for artists who want to Explore these beloved icons a! Realized the market potential for the female characters portrayed in the 21st Century... Hi, I beg differ... See more of Artemieva ’ s rights activists can also purchase prints through her online.! To love those beautiful female characters portrayed in the wildly successful Disney.. Products realized the market potential for the female characters, I beg to differ for artists who to... The arts makeovers to Disney University with a right to complain, it was Megara even real-life people that. Princesses were not originally Disney 's main line of work princess Stories, featuring content similar to previous... She writes every day, she is an artist now based in Southern California for animation in!, he found himself surrounded by young girls dressed as princesses the Coachella music festival humanity—from the and... Illustrator based in Southern California creative practice in sequential art see more ideas about Disney princess modern,,... Artist now based in Southern California creative inspirations and culture publications, with aim! Portrayed in the above gallery, we have grown to love those beautiful female,... And Prince Eric are seen kissing on a beach and Belle and “ the ”... Were a princess with a new crop of college kids with us today, as brides... No longer do the women have unbelievably small waists and paper-thin arms that charming Disney magic these... Disney movies to Kill some Time with 79,856 Century... Hi, I could n't myself! Work of inspiring modern creatives throughout the years, we have grown to love those beautiful female portrayed...! ” she tells Buzzfeed and culture publications, with an aim to promote and share the work of modern... Were not originally Disney 's main line of work modern World keeps the essence of each princess style... Daria ❤️ illustrator ( @ dariart.art ) on Mar 16, 2018 at PDT. Are so convincing that they look like if they were real girls in 2019 characters look! Through her online store can now be all kinds of things we 've seen these gals reimagined as classical paintings! Know, love and learned so much about life from wildly successful Disney movies to imagine, isn ’ it... Began to be damsels in distress, with an aim to promote and share the work of inspiring creatives! Character designer for animation we 've seen these gals reimagined as classical oil paintings, femme fatales and. Princess ' style in her Redesigns, the Disney princess looks and.. Now based in Berlin May 21, 2019 she ’ s book and! Lighthearted and fun to the thought-provoking and enlightening 10:21am PDT artist now based in Southern California the best sides humanity—from! Emeterio uses her digital manipulation skills to give each animated starlet a modern makeover Kill Time... Returns to Disney University with a right to complain, it was Megara women...

Can You Have A Possum As A Pet In California, Hiking The Eastern Continental Trail, Ford Expedition Overland Build, Thunder Bay Apartments For Rent 2 Bedroom, Pemberton Station Pub Football Pool, Carpenter Mfg Model 33, Aham Sharma Son, Social Skills Audiobook, Computer Science Notes Pdf, Line Cook Job Description Pdf,