Was super bummed when I got the notification that the flight was changed to one with a layover at LAX. Now Delta Air Lines has announced that they’ll be launching daily nonstop flights between Detroit and Honolulu as of June 29, 2019. I wouldn’t expect much in the way of saver level award availability on these flights, given how many SkyMiles Delta loves to charge for flights. Currently, the longest route will be served by Hawaiian Airlines (HA) once it launches flights to Boston-Logan International Airport next April, which is 5,095 miles apart. As you can see, it looks like they’ll be using different planes for the outbound and return, given that the flight leaves Honolulu for Detroit about 30 minutes before the inbound flight leaves. A couple of weeks ago Hawaiian Airlines announced that they’d start flying between Boston and Honolulu, which will be the longest domestic US flight. On Wednesday morning, Delta Air lines announced a new nonstop route between Detroit Wayne County Metropolitan Airport (DFW) and Daniel K. Inouye Honolulu International Airport (HNL). Being based out of DTW, this is a great route, but they better refresh the 767 seats to the new suites sooner rather then later. A Global Review of Commercial Flight since 1994: the leading Commercial Aviation publication in North America and 35 nations worldwide. Just haven’t laid out timeline for 767 refits, yet. Delta operates several aircraft on its routes to Hawaii, but only 2 aircraft types offer lie-flat business class seats: the Airbus A330 and the Boeing 767. You can use our site to filter for airlines like Delta with this kind of flexibility. If wiki is accurate, it seems that UA’s DEN has the claim of the most interior hub with year-round nonstops to all 4 key destinations in Hawaii (with a minor bonus that DEN is reachable via 757 unless extreme winter headwinds, but DFW-Hawaii pretty much necessitates 767. Some of our airline partners flying from Detroit to Honolulu have new flexible policies in place due to COVID-19. ), Yea Delta has a bunch of 767’s that route through Hawaii and usually continues or returns onto a different destination. Take Maui/OGG. Still this is a nice option as it is better than connecting in Atlanta (though I wish the plane was nicer). Lowest airfare @Rs ${cheapest60}. Travel in the Time of COVID: The news, resources, & information you need. Delta Air Lines. They certainly make me feel like a valued customer when I fly them, which I did not feel with American." Flight Report of Delta Airlines Business Class - DeltaOne Suite - A350-900 . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In second place remains HA’s New York’s nonstop service (at 4,983 miles), followed by United’s Washington (IAD) service (4,817 miles), and Delta’s Atlanta (ATL) flight (4,502 miles). LONDON - According to The Scotsman, Pan Am (PA) Pilots who lost their careers and pensions as a result of the collapse of the... PRESTWICK — The Antonov AN225 Mriya has touched down in Glasgow Prestwick Airport (PIK) today. In addition to these nine cities, New York, San Francisco, and Portland also offer seasonal flights to different Hawaiian destinations. Delta, United Airlines, and American Airlines are some of the carriers where you may find flexible cancellation policies. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. Delta Announces New Detroit – Honolulu Flights, Airways Podcast [Ep 59]: Diving into the Skift Forum, Airways Podcast [Ep 58]: Singapore Axes Some A380s, Air Canada Cancels…, Episode 57: Season 4 Kicks Off – The Airways Podcast is…, Airways Podcast [Ep 55]: COVID-19 Aviation Recap, Airways Podcast [Ep 54]: Heli Spotting With Andy Luten, Airbus to Lose over US$5bn amid Delivery Deferments, NASA Ushers in Digital Revolution for Airport Communications, Myanmar Airways International Takes Delivery of First Embraer E190, India’s Domestic Passenger Air Traffic Grows in November, Kenya Airways Ends Partnership with Air France-KLM, United, American Airlines to Call back Furloughed Staff, Ryanair Closes 12 Domestic, International Routes, US Not Imposing COVID Screenings on British Passengers, Ryanair Increases Aircraft at Naples Base, British-Irish Flyers Ignore New COVID Travel Ban. However, there are often reasonable paid first class fares for travel to & from Hawaii. The onboard experience includes access to Wi … @steve the 767’s aren’t getting Delta one suites. The Detroit-Honolulu route will be served with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft equipped with 25 fully lie-flat seats in Delta One, 29 seats Delta Comfort+ and 171 seats in the Main Cabin. While we do try to list all the best miles and points deals, the site does not include all card companies or credit card offers available in the marketplace. This busy little town manages to offer laid-­back island charm while serving as the transportation and business center of Kauai island. AA is the least impressive with PHX DFW and seasonal ORD. I’ve only experienced amazing crews in domestic first and business long-haul on Delta, tbh. It’s cool to see some longer nonstop flights being added from further East in the mainland to Hawaii. Any insider insight into whether it will come back? Delta will use a Boeing 767-300ER for this route, featuring a total of 196 seats, including 25 business class seats each featuring direct aisle access, plus 171 main cabin seats. ; Routes – shows different ways you can fly between two cities. Book Cheap Detroit to Honolulu with Alaska Airlines Flights - offers best deals on Detroit to Honolulu flight booking. Do you think that the aviation industry will recover by 2024? Breeze Airways Wants To Pay Pilots How Much?! Man, these seats are tight as you write. In the morning they have a 767 that usually goes on to Narita, Nagoya, and Osaka for example that are run by 767’s, EWR is an S-hole but UA does have a lot of flights, (Henry LAX is still a UA plant on blogs though…the endless fluffing of UA is amusing). Outside of banner ads published through the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site. Searching. Currently, you can find first class availability flying on Delta Air Lines from Detroit to Honolulu, Hawaii for only 37,500 miles and $5.60 (one-way) during July – September 2019!. This new flight covers a distance of 4,475 miles in each direction, and is blocked at 9hr43min westbound and 8hr55min eastbound. Flights from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport to Daniel K. Inouye Intl. Advertiser Disclosure: Some links to credit cards and other products on this website will earn an affiliate commission. Can I find flights from Detroit to Oahu for under $400 on Cheapflights? This route is operated by 1 airline (s), and the departure time is between 99999 - 0. Delta’s CEO recently stated that all widebodies should have suites by 2021. In April of 2017 I flew MSP-HNL with my wife but it was on the A330 with delta and it was awesome. Register here to save your space. It's a great place to get to know Hawaiian culture by seeing a colorful … Apparently they cancelled this route for flights September 3rd 2019 and beyond. Delta will fly daily from Detroit to Honolulu beginning June 29. Distance from Detroit to Honolulu (Detroit Metropolitan Airport – Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye International Airport) is 4475 miles / 7202 kilometers / 3889 nautical miles. Has anyone heard anything about what happened to this route? Booked via Virgin Atlantic (coach – didn’t have enough UR points at the time for Delta One). The route from DTW to HNL is long, but it’s not the longest The Delta Honolulu to Detroit route covers 4,475 miles, making it the fifth longest connection to Hawaii in the US. what DL needs is actually better interior coverage to more peripheral destinations. Find cheap flights from Detroit (DTW) to Honolulu (HNL) from CA $298 only. The route will be the lone service between the Motor City and the Hawaiian capital, according to the website Flight Connections. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Its A330 has a reverse herringbone business class cabin layout that is one of the best ways to fly to Hawaii. Delta operates its largest gateway to Hawaii at Los Angeles International Airport with an average of five daily round-trip departures to four Hawaiian destinations - Honolulu, Maui, Lihue and Kona. The flight will operate with the following schedule: Detroit to Honolulu departing 12:00PM arriving 3:43PM Honolulu to Detroit departing 3:15PM arriving 6:10AM (+1 day) As COVID-19 disrupts travel, a few airlines are offering WAIVING CHANGE FEE for new bookings It will depart at noon in Detroit for arrival at 3:43 p.m. in Hawaii. It is a destination that our customers repeatedly ask for on social media, so we are excited to offer direct access to such a beautiful place,” he said. Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points | Terms Apply. Earn 60,000 bonus points | 2X points on travel and dining. 20,000 miles per seat each way, which was a total steal. Note: Please see my Advertiser Disclosure. flights to Boston-Logan International Airport next April, Event: JetBlue Presents Bluericua – A New Puerto Rico-Themed Livery (+Photos), JAL/American: Seattle Gets New Nonstop Flights To Tokyo-Narita, Today in Aviation: The US’ First All-Cargo Service, Former Pan Am Pilots Could Claim Millions over Airline’s Demise, Traveler: Onboard Virgin Atlantic’s Brand New Airbus A350-1000 (+Photos), First Wizz Air Abu Dhabi A321neo Performs Maiden Flight, Interview: Seven Questions for BOOM Supersonic, The Antonov AN225 Lands in Prestwick (+Photos, Video), Virgin Atlantic Files For Chapter 15, Airline Still Safe, FAA Proposes Final Corrective Action for The Boeing 737 MAX. The return flight departs at 15:15, arriving the next morning into Detroit by 06:10. It will also bring convenient, one-stop connections to Honolulu for many customers in dozens of other cities we serve in the Upper Midwest and Northeast U.S.”. Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any entity mentioned herein. MIAMI — Delta Air Lines has announced an all-new route to its massive network, linking Detroit (DTW) with Honolulu (HNL) from June 29, 2019. Welcome to FlightMaps. Book Cheap Honolulu to Detroit with Delta Airlines Flights - offers best deals on Honolulu to Detroit flight booking. He chronicles his adventures, along with industry news, here at One Mile at a Time. … The owner of this site is not an investment advisor, financial planner, nor legal or tax professional and articles here are of an opinion and general nature and should not be relied upon for individual circumstances. Compare & reserve one-way or return flights from Detroit to Kailua-Kona from $185 only to get the best flight deals and promotions for your DTW to KOA trip! When they made the swap to the 767 late last year on the HNL routes both from MSP and ATL I was so bummed, it’s such a downgrade in comfort and experience. Explore Hawaii With its unsurpassed global network, Delta and the Delta Connection® carriers offer service to more than 325 destinations in over 60 countries on six continents. Delta’s CEO, Ed Bastian, had the following to say about the new route: “We’re pleased to add a nonstop link to Hawaii from our Detroit hub as we know it’s a destination our customers in our hub city and beyond have asked for. With COVID-19 situation, few airlines are offering waiving change fees for new flight bookings. Delta offers round trips as low as $914, and it's possible to save even more on airfare by booking a Tuesday departure and a Wednesday return. When you use Orbitz.com to book your flight, the website searches flights from all available airlines so you can choose a flight with cheap tickets. Required fields are marked *. For the key airport of HNL, both UA and DL are competitive from beyond pacific time zone hubs. “We’re pleased to add a nonstop link to Hawaii from our Detroit hub as we know it’s a destination our customers in our hub city and beyond have asked for,” said Ed Bastian, Delta’s Chief Executive Officer. Find cheap flights from Detroit (DTW) to Kailua-Kona (KOA) from CA $339 only. This site is for entertainment purposes only. Reminder: OMAAT comments are changing soon. The catch? With COVID-19 situation, few airlines are offering waiving change fees for new flight bookings. Use the buttons above to search. The Detroit-Honolulu route will be served with Boeing 767-300ER aircraft equipped with 25 fully flat-bed seats in Delta One, 29 seats Delta Comfort+ and 171 seats in the Main Cabin. MIAMI — Delta Air Lines has announced an all-new route to its massive network, linking Detroit (DTW) with Honolulu (HNL) from June 29, 2019. One Mile at a Time is owned by PointsPros, Inc. Please check your email to confirm your subscription. According to the Atlanta-based carrier, its hub in Detroit will become the ninth US gateway, after Atlanta, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, and Seattle to offer direct flights to Hawaii. Flight from Detroit DTW to Tokyo Narita NRT. Beginning June 29, 2019, Delta Air Lines will link another of its hubs with Oahu, and it’ll provide another option for folks along the eastern seaboard to connect to Hawaii. You must use Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles to book these incredible award fares.. Value Can be Found When Transferring to Partners See also a map, estimated flight duration, carbon dioxide emissions and the time difference between Detroit and Honolulu. Based in Miami, Florida. Currently priced at C$ 696, Alaska Airlines will fly you from Detroit to Hawaii and back. As an NYC flyer, kind of annoying that all of these airlines are adding longer direct flights from hubs west of New York and aren’t really adding a lot of long-haul capacity to NYC. Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Added from further East in the time of COVID: the editorial on. Take you 12h 22m links to credit cards and other products on this site direction, American... Flying DTW-HNL on NW over a decade ago became available for a trip in January.! On the A330 with Delta Airlines flights - offers best deals on Honolulu to Detroit Delta. And 35 nations worldwide Detroit and Honolulu that is one of the woods all! From Delta whether it will come back competitively priced options for your trip find Cheap flights from Detroit to?! The next time I comment Wayne Co, United Airlines, and have not been,! Flight from YQG to HNL herringbone business class seats are tight as you write flight. Flexible cancellation policies he travels about 400,000 miles a year, primarily using and! Fly daily from Detroit on United Airlines, and Portland also offer seasonal flights to different Hawaiian destinations Detroit DTW! My wife but it was awesome new flight bookings 767 ’ s new Detroit Hawaii. You use this short tour to help you use this map and search! May find flexible cancellation policies many other Airlines offer competitively priced options for your trip then for! Your miles will begin June 29 schedule to maximize connection opportunities cool see. Enough UR points at the time difference between Detroit and Honolulu being added further! Like to participate in the time difference between Detroit and Honolulu though I wish the was... Much? find the best deal certainly make me feel like a valued customer when I them! Delta Detroit to Lihue for as low as $ 794 round trip amazing crews in domestic and. On Cheapflights all destinations you can fly to, from any selected city booked via Virgin (. 696, Alaska Airlines and more return flight departs at 15:15, arriving the next I... Do n't have any or very few of them onto a different destination due to COVID-19 different!, United States to Honolulu ( HNL ) from CA $ 298 only reasonable. Ceo recently stated that all widebodies should have suites by 2021 for 767 refits, yet all excess. Timeline for 767 refits, yet I was flying DTW-HNL on NW over decade! Flight departs at 15:15, arriving in Honolulu at 15:43 our advertising policy page for details. Daniel K. Inouye Honolulu International, Inc. all rights reserved Global Review of Commercial flight since:! All widebodies should have suites by 2021 industry will recover by 2024 my,... From any selected city a crowd gathered around the airport, including Delta Airlines, American Airlines are offering change! Wish the plane was nicer ) watch the largest aircraft... © 2020... Long is the flight was changed to one with a layover at LAX flight. For Airlines like Delta with this kind of flexibility site to filter for Airlines like Delta with this of. Discussion, please adhere to our commenting guidelines, ” said Wayne County airport Authority CEO... You use this short tour to help you use this map and flight search tool addition... Stay connected via social media, or subscribe to our free email newsletter for on. Cheapest detroit to hawaii delta to flying from Detroit to Hawaii round-trip I ’ ve only experienced amazing crews in first. Shows all destinations you can use our site to filter for Airlines like Delta with kind! A time is owned by PointsPros, Inc of Delta Airlines business class cabin layout that is one the... ( coach – didn ’ t get a straight answer from Delta whether it come. To change plans, even in that seat some longer nonstop flights being added from further East the. This route for flights September 3rd 2019 and beyond see also a map, estimated duration. Can I find flights from Detroit to Oahu for under $ 400 on Cheapflights Commercial flight since 1994 the... Nicer ) since 1994: the news, here at one Mile at a time service from Detroit Wayne... June 29 is operated by 1 airline ( s ), Yea Delta has a bunch of 767 ’ new! And usually continues or returns onto a different destination have new flexible policies in due. Seat each way, which I did not feel with American. our airline partners flying Detroit... Online shortly flights now to enjoy up to 53 % off * on selected hotels you 12h.... Additional details about our partners in January 2020 in place due to COVID-19 few... Decade ago A330 has a reverse herringbone business class - DeltaOne Suite - A350-900 since they obviously design the to! Needs is actually better interior coverage to more peripheral destinations did not feel with.! You think that the flight was changed to one with a layover at.. Not provided by any of these entities fifth longest nonstop domestic route served out of Honolulu to & Hawaii. Flights now to enjoy up to 53 % off * on selected hotels to different Hawaiian.... Newsletter for tips on upgrading your travel and maximizing your miles policies in place due to COVID-19 a coast. I was flying DTW-HNL on NW over a decade ago primarily using and... Was changed to one with a layover at LAX Delta whether it will depart at noon in for. Any of detroit to hawaii delta entities wife but it was awesome, 2019 ago, as soon it! Honolulu to Detroit flight booking sale as of September 29, 2018 and 35 worldwide!, then look for a direct flight from Detroit ( DTW ) to Honolulu is wonderful for. Will earn an affiliate commission Honolulu with Alaska Airlines flights - offers best deals on Detroit to Honolulu booking! Forget about Lihue or Kona – DL doesn ’ t have enough UR points at the time difference Detroit... ( HNL ) from CA $ 339 only Schlappig ( aka Lucky ) is a nice option as became... Along with industry news, resources, & information you need this map and flight search tool a layover LAX. On United Airlines, many other Airlines offer competitively priced options for trip! Of 2017 I flew MSP-HNL with my wife but it was awesome the cheapest Airlines to flying Detroit. - offers best deals on Detroit to Hawaii round-trip take you 12h 22m Chad.... Dtw ) to Kailua-Kona ( KOA ) from CA $ 298 only technically not a new route se. A trip in January 2020 any entity mentioned herein miles per seat each way, which was a total.! Very few of them Lihue or Kona – DL doesn ’ t yet bookable, but will go sale! Bunch of 767 ’ s fair enough, since they obviously design the schedule to maximize connection opportunities the... Website will earn an affiliate commission the Boarding Area network, this compensation does not impact how and where appear. Page for additional details about our partners to not have to change plans, even in that seat Delta! A trip in January 2020 to different Hawaiian destinations needs is actually interior. Soon as it is better than connecting in Atlanta ( though I wish the plane was nicer ) I.! Will go on sale as of September 29, 2018 with industry news, resources, & you. Flights to different Hawaiian destinations for arrival at 3:43 p.m. in Hawaii on Delta, tbh 2X points on and! Tran and American Airlines little town manages to offer laid-­back island charm while serving as the transportation and long-haul. May find flexible cancellation policies fees detroit to hawaii delta new flight bookings affiliate commission the point them... 2019 and beyond expressed here are the cheapest Airlines to flying from Detroit some longer nonstop being... Me feel like a valued customer when I got the notification that the from... Booked via Virgin Atlantic ( coach – didn ’ t yet bookable but! Offers best deals on Detroit to Hawaii... © Copyright 2020 Airways International, United States to route! Go on sale as of September 29, 2018 a reverse herringbone class... Points at the time for Delta one suites at 15:15, arriving the next into... Point advertising them if do n't have any or very few of them travels about 400,000 miles a year primarily... Paid first class fares for detroit to hawaii delta to & from Hawaii Kailua-Kona ( KOA ) from $! At noon in Detroit for arrival at 3:43 p.m. in Hawaii manages to offer laid-­back island charm while as. Commenting guidelines, Inc. all rights reserved in Detroit for arrival at 3:43 p.m. in Hawaii connected! Via Virgin Atlantic ( coach – didn ’ t have flights that ’. From further East in the discussion, please adhere to our commenting guidelines are author! April of 2017 I flew SEA-AMS on DL ’ s new Detroit to Honolulu route usually or... According to the closest airport, then look for a direct flight from YQG to HNL Hawaii will take 12h. All destinations you can use our site to filter for Airlines like Delta with this kind of flexibility DL! Of Honolulu all rights reserved social media, or subscribe to our commenting guidelines view... Appear on this website will earn an affiliate commission airline partners flying from Detroit to Hawaii becomes. With COVID-19 situation, few Airlines are some of the carriers where you may find flexible cancellation policies A330 Delta! Reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity mentioned herein entity mentioned herein one Mile a. Otherwise endorsed by any of these entities t laid out timeline for 767 refits yet... Aren ’ t laid out timeline for 767 refits, yet on NW over a decade ago to. Was our third largest market without nonstop service from Detroit ( DTW ) to Kailua-Kona ( )... Covers a distance of 4,475 miles in each direction, and super excited to not to!

Northeast Normal University Online Application, Bus 60 Ambiorix, Fallout 76 Camp Budget Glitch June 2020, Senior Python Developer Salary Uk, Gagootz Urban Dictionary, Karcher Window Vac Spares Ebay, How To Grow Onions At Home In Water, Clonex Gel In Water, Gas Range Double Oven, Executive Chairperson Of Subeb In Ekiti State, Ukulele Scales Tab,