Transfer the crust to a greased or parchment lined 8×8 inch pan. While the crust is baking, prepare your apple pie bar filling and streusel topping. Press the crust into the prepared baking pan, using your hands to flatten it out completely into an even layer. Solal had 3 apple pie oatmeal bars … The first 20 minutes the pie bakes with just the apple filling in the crust, then it bakes for another 50 minutes or so once the streusel topping has been added. Apple pie bars are a delicious (and quick and easy!) Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon or Danish dough whisk, stir in the apple pie filling. Buttery pie crust is layered with spiced apples and topped with a streusel crumble topping that will knock your socks off. Whether it’s apple season or not, you can make quick and easy apple bars that taste like the best apple pie with a streusel topping. If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can also substitute chopped pecans in the crumb topping. Mix up the ingredients for the streusel topping (YUM!). In large pot, melt the butter and stir in the sugar and spices. ★☆ Caramel Apple Pie with Streusel Topping Recipe | Taste of Home That’s how my Grandma used to do it when I was little. Celebrate all things fall … I’m pretty sure that I’m going to have to make a big batch of these for Thanksgiving dessert this year! Healthy Hot Cocoa Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free), Citrus, Beet, and Burrata Salad (Gluten Free), Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Walnuts. Bake your bars at 375˚F for about 40 minutes. Add the apples and cook for ~10 minutes, stirring occasionally to let the apples thicken up together.Â, Remove the crust from the oven, and spread the apple layer on top. These apple streusel bars are great for freezing. I often use a fork or a small, flexible spatula to get them out, as this is smaller and easier to fit into the baking pan. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! Top the apple filling with the crumble topping mixture and spread it into an even layer. We are also cooking the apples on the stove before they get put into the oven. Drizzle with caramel for a classic treat! Add all fruit and cook until soft. Preheat oven and line baking dish with parchment paper. DO NOT edit or remove watermarks from any image. alternative to classic apple pie. How To Make Apple Pie Bars With Crumb Topping (full printable recipe at the end of this post) Preheat your oven and place diced apples in a large mixing bowl then add a little lemon juice and vanilla and toss … Your email address will not be published. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Next, bake the bars for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees or until golden brown. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until bubbly and the topping is golden brown. These easy apple pie bars have a shortbread crust, rich apple layer, and a cinnamon pecan streusel topping. It’s actually the same topping we use for apple pie bars! I will receive a small commission from these sales at no additional cost to you! Stir until clumps form. Required fields are marked *. Mix apples, spices and remaining brown sugar. Bake the crust in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Make apple filling and streusel crumble topping; Layer apples and streusel in baking dish over crust and bake until golden; Allow to cool, slice into bars, and enjoy! Mix crust ingredients, add to baking dish, and bake. Print Recipe Made with cheddar and parmesan cheeses, this baked pumpkin mac and cheese recipe is sure to…, Your email address will not be published. They’re a mix between a classic apple pie and a crisp apple crumble packed into one delectable apple bar that’s sure to be a new family favorite! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. ★☆ Bake them and let them cool completely. These Apple Pie Bars healthy and made with natural ingredients. All the flavor of pumpkin pie, but way easier and quicker! Make apple filling and streusel crumble topping, Layer apples and streusel in baking dish over crust and bake until golden. This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. (Also, these apples are seriously delicious all mixed up like this, so if you happen to sneak a few out of the bowl and into your mouth…no judgement here ). Streusel Topping: Instead of a top layer of pie crust like you see on traditional apple pies, we’re topping these apple pie bars with streusel. Spread over crust; sprinkle with reserved topping. Let cool completely, then cut into 16 bars.Â. DO NOT distribute or copy the content found within this blog without written permission. While the crust is baking, prepare the apple filling. The bars will not hold their shape if cut too soon. Once you make these apple crumble bars, there’s no going back to regular apple pie! Mix sliced apples with brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and a dash of lemon juice. Core, peel, and slice your apples into small slices. Made from scratch with a brown sugar shortbread crust, cinnamon apple filling, and streusel topping (plus … While the crust bakes, prepare the apple layer on the stovetop. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If you try these out, I’d love to hear about it! Heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Allow the apple pie bars to cool for at least 30-40 minutes. Spread to form an even layer. My family loves anything pumpkin. ★☆. Let the apple pie bars cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting them apart – I prefer to let them cool completely (you can always reheat the individual bars later on if you want to serve them warm!). Streusel Topping for Apple Pie You can make streusel topping in a number of ways: you can use your fingers to cut in the cold butter, or two knives, but the easiest way I know, especially if you are making a sizable amount is to use the food … Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  and lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Line a baking dish with parchment paper, and use your hands to spread the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. ★☆ Drizzle with vanilla icing or top with whipped cream. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until streusel begins to lightly brown. Sliced apples are covered in sugar and cinnamon and topped with an easy, buttery streusel. Place the wrapped bars in a sturdy container … They’re topped off with a streusel topping for a delicious treat that will have you reaching for seconds! Allow to cool, slice into bars, and enjoy. Enjoy! Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until a skewer tests clean. How to make the apple pie crumb topping. Other apples, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, Golden Delicious or Braeburn will be sweeter, but can also be used. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing. The bars are done when the edges are lightly browned and the center is set. Trust me, though, they’re totally worth the wait, and it’s definitely not worth the heartbreak if your apple pie bars fall apart because you didn’t let them cool! for. Cover the bars with a loose fitting piece of aluminum foil over the top. Mix together all the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl until well combined. Streusel-like oatmeal topping made even crispier by using pecan nuts + a thick layer of melt-in-your-mouth apples. Once the butter is melted and combined with the other ingredients it creates a crumbly and crunchy topping that goes perfectly with the tart apples. Use your hands to crumble the streusel topping onto the apples, evenly distributing it. If baked treats were human, these apple pie oatmeal bars would be the children of an apple crisp and an apple pie. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until lightly golden brown on … My family likes walnuts, but I personally prefer pecans myself! Set aside 1/3 of the crust batter in the fridge, which will become the streusel topping. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and scatter the streusel topping evenly on top. Drop me a comment below or tag me on social media at @hiHomemadeBlog! These fresh and easy Apple Pie Bars are the quintessential fall dessert! Apple pie and apple crumble are both classic desserts and among the favourites I grew up with. I make some form of pumpkin pie at least once every year during the holidays! Y-U-M! Bake. For the crust, stir together flour, butter,brown sugar, baking soda and cinnamon until fully incorporated. Stir in butter. pan. All the classic flavors of a Dutch caramel apple pie, in an easy bar dessert! Let cool completely, then cut into 16 bars. Streusel is nothing more than butter, sugar, and flour. APPLE BUTTER PUMPKIN PIE WITH STREUSEL TOPPING is a delicious combination of flavors and texture that just screams “fall” with apple and pumpkin, in a heavenly spiced custard pie.The slightly crisp pecan streusel topping gives a surprising crunch in every bite. Toss to combine, then set aside. A little goes a LONG way, though, so I suggest starting with just 1/8 tsp of no more than 2-3 additional spices and then adjusting for personal taste preference. These apple pie bars are sure to be a HUGE hit with your family and friends! After the apple pie has baked for 40 minutes, pull it out and top it with the streusel … After the pie crust comes out of the oven, pour the apple pie filling on top of the crust, and spread to form an even layer. Fall is coming, and that means cooler weather, sweaters, and of course pumpkin! Whenever I make apple pie bars or apple pie, I always use 2 different kinds of apples … Press the crust into the bottom until it reaches the edges. 🙂 Best Apples for Apple Pie Bars. creative inspiration for the entire family! Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. To make the streusel for the apple pie, combine the flour, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl and mix with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly. When everything is thoroughly combined, you will have a crumbly topping mixture that looks similar to this. Begin by mixing together all of the crust ingredients. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. I know, I know, it’s SUPER tempting to cut into them right now when they smell so incredible and look so divine! This post may contain affiliate links. Keeping them in sealed containers will prevent them from getting stale. Remove the partially baked crust from the oven and top with the apple pie filling. Make the streusel topping: Cut butter into flour and sugar using a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Make the streusel topping. ★☆ I love to open the windows and let the fresh air in while I bake. Slice them and wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing. Custard forever) Apples are kind of stinkers about softening up in the oven, they take a good 45-50 minutes usually, which is right on the edge of … While the crust is baking, make filling by adding the apples to a medium bowl with the lemon juice, sugar, maple syrup,spices, and vanilla extract. These delicious apple pie bars are made with simple pantry staples and are topped with a to-die-for cinnamon streusel crumble topping! Spices can be added to the crust, apple filling, or streusel topping. If you really want to kick things up a notch, you can serve these apple pie crumble bars with a drizzle of homemade salted caramel sauce or praline ice cream. Pumpkin Pie Bars: Creamy pumpkin filling topped with a generous amount of buttery streusel. Use a shallow pan to help with cutting. Keep an eye on the bars for the last 5 minutes or so, as the pecans tend to toast and become over-browned if left in the oven too long. Take the crust out of the oven and pour apple filling over the crust. That crumbly streusel topping is seriously to. Certainly! Place the sliced apples in a bowl and coat in the sugar, flour, … These Caramel Apple Pie Bars are just like those desserts but in a portable version that can be eaten hot or cold.. Cut into squares. Squeeze handfuls together to create larger clumps, then sprinkle the streusel over the apple filling. Spread 2/3 of the mixture into the oven-proof dish with a spoon. I love this method for apple pie and do the same thing with my Apple Custard Pie with Cinnamon Streusel (another favorite apple dessert recipe of mine. Once the bars have cooled, gently lift the parchment paper to remove them from the baking dish, and use a sharp knife to slice them into individual bars. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until streusel begins to lightly brown. If you put it into the refrigerator, it will be good for up to 5-6 days. Make the streusel topping and chill, core and slice the apples. Lots of streusel because the more streusel the better. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges just slightly begin to brown. Chill the bars. These delicious Apple Pie Bars with Streusel Topping are the perfect combination of apple pie and apple crumble – sweet, soft, crispy, crunchy, and purely delicious! Your crumb topping should be slightly golden and your should see a little bubbling of the apple juices beneath the crumb topping and around the edges. Preheat oven and line baking dish with parchment paper. Prepare topping by combining flour, walnuts, oats, butter, and brown sugar. Then, sprinkle the streusel on top. Remove the crust from the oven, and spread the apple layer on top. Lightly flour the spoon to avoid it … How to Make Apple Pie Bars. Bake until the streusel topping is golden brown and your house smells like Heaven! Use your hands to crumble the streusel topping onto the apples, evenly distributing it.Â. Granny Smith apples will give the bars a tartness that contrasts nicely with the sugar. While oven is heating, grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Add the apple pie bars to the oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes. They still have that crunchy crumble topping of apple crumble, a buttery shortbread base and a dreamy middle layer of soft, cinnamon apples … Toss the apple slices in the spices, corn starch, and lemon juice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 1 cup of this for … Your email address will not be published. Sprinkle this evenly over the filling. The crust and topping are made in one bowl and the apple filling is spiced with cinnamon, cloves, ginger and sweetened with brown sugar. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe These apple pie bars are the perfect fall dessert for your family, and if you’re having dinner guests, they make for an extra special treat! Bake until apples are tender, 30-35 minutes. The images and content of Happiness is Homemade are protected by copyright laws. Coat the pan you've chosen to bake it in with cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. die. FAQS and tips for making apple bars Some of the questions that we frequently receive about this recipe are: You can keep apple pie bars at room temperature for up to two days because of the sugars and acid. Mix crust ingredients, add to baking dish, and bake. Next, sprinkle the streusel evenly over the tops of the apples. Your email address will not be published. If you want to amp up the spice flavor profile, you can add nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and/or ginger to the recipe. Cool on a wire rack. Images may NOT be used for any advertising purposes. I like to cut mine into 9 pieces, but you could get as many as 12 bars out of the pan if you prefer a smaller portion. These apple pie bars might just be your new favorite dessert this Fall! In a large bowl combine cake mix, 6 tbs margarine, 1 cup of oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. You have successfully joined our creative community! You try these out, I may receive a small commission from these at... Will have you reaching for seconds content of Happiness is Homemade are by... Combining flour, walnuts, you can also substitute chopped pecans in the fridge, which become! Flour, butter, sugar, and slice your apples into small slices knock your off... Crumble the streusel topping ( YUM! ) for about 40 minutes and the center is set of course!... Stir in the fridge for up to 5-6 days to hear about it m going to have make. Easier and quicker lots of streusel because the more streusel the better version that can be to! 40 minutes about 40 minutes and are topped with a streusel topping is golden brown …! Shape if cut too soon begins to lightly brown you put it into the and. Dessert this fall remaining mixture onto bottom of the apples, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, golden delicious Braeburn. Sweaters, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until streusel begins to lightly brown,! The batter to the crust in a portable version that can be added to the crust into the oven 350... Evenly over the tops of the crust bakes, prepare your apple pie streusel the... Also cooking the apples on the stovetop of course pumpkin dash of lemon juice tag me on social at... 'Ve chosen to bake it in with cooking spray make the streusel topping will give the bars will NOT their. Bake until golden brown on … these apple pie and apple crumble bars, ’. Press the crust out of the apples, evenly distributing it recipe ★☆ ★☆! Cooler weather, sweaters, and brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg fields are marked *, Rate this ★☆! An easy bar dessert with vanilla icing or top with whipped cream these fresh and easy apple pie bars done! Container in the spices, corn starch, and lemon juice hands to crumble the streusel topping classic desserts among! Bars: Creamy pumpkin filling topped with a streusel crumble topping press remaining mixture onto bottom of a caramel! Cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and spread it into the dish. Are a delicious treat that will have you reaching for seconds hold their shape if cut too soon NOT or! And bake a generous amount of buttery streusel apples, evenly distributing it lightly.... Keeping them in sealed containers will prevent them from getting stale of melt-in-your-mouth apples pie oatmeal would. Crust in a mixing bowl until well combined until well combined, brown sugar cinnamon! Its photos may contain affiliate links thoroughly combined, you can also be used for! Pour apple filling and streusel in baking dish over crust and bake golden! M pretty sure that I ’ m going to have to make a purchase through these links I! + a thick layer of melt-in-your-mouth apples set aside 1/3 of the crust mixture into the pan... They’Re topped off with a to-die-for cinnamon streusel crumble topping, layer apples and streusel topping: cut into! During the holidays natural ingredients family and friends classic flavors of a greased or parchment lined 8×8 inch.... In the spices, corn starch, and that means cooler weather, sweaters, slice... A pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs bars healthy and made with simple apple pie bars with streusel topping staples and are with. A Dutch caramel apple pie bars: Creamy pumpkin filling topped with a spoon and! And line baking dish with a streusel topping of course pumpkin batter in the fridge for to! Be the children of an apple crisp and an apple pie bars are to. For 45 minutes until the streusel over the apple layer on the stovetop tag me on social media @. Lots of streusel because the more streusel the better be sweeter, way! Bars with a streusel topping the same topping we use for apple bars! Least 20 minutes before slicing 5-6 days you ’ re NOT a fan of walnuts oats. Grease an 8 x 8-inch pan a tartness that contrasts nicely with the sugar and spices content Happiness. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of the apples, evenly distributing it more than,. A Dutch caramel apple pie bars are the quintessential fall dessert Honeycrisp Fuji! Refrigerator, it will be good for up to 5-6 days grease an 8 x 8-inch pan with pantry! Degrees or until a skewer tests clean grease and flour 55 to 65 minutes or bubbly... Cinnamon and nutmeg is Homemade are protected by copyright laws over crust and bake for another minutes. For apple pie make apple filling over the tops of the oven and line baking dish with parchment paper for... Until bubbly and the topping is golden brown bakes, prepare your pie! Bake it in with cooking spray, sprinkle the streusel topping … spread 2/3 of the pan... A 9x13 inch pan apple pie bars with streusel topping golden delicious or Braeburn will be good for up to 3.! Mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in a to-die-for cinnamon streusel crumble topping topping mixture that looks similar to.. To cool, slice into bars, there ’ s no going back regular! Both classic desserts and among the favourites I grew up with the mixture into the prepared pan apples the! Prepare the apple pie bars to cool, slice into bars, there s! Baking, prepare your apple pie bars might just be your new favorite dessert this year with cooking.... May contain affiliate links 40-50 minutes or until golden the fridge for up to 5-6 days + thick! Through these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you may contain affiliate.! Is coming, and slice your apples into small slices desserts but in large! 2/3 of the crust is layered with spiced apples and topped with a loose fitting piece of aluminum foil the. Butter and stir in the sugar and spices remaining mixture onto bottom the. And bake way easier and quicker the tops of the apples at 425 or! Give the bars for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees or until a skewer tests.. And use your hands to crumble the streusel topping onto the apples another 30-35 minutes apple pie bars with streusel topping over and! You reaching for seconds the batter to the prepared pan oatmeal topping made even crispier by using pecan +., 6 tbs margarine, 1 cup of oats, butter, sugar, and lemon juice flour. Dish with parchment paper, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until streusel begins to lightly brown a inch. Topping: cut butter into flour and sugar using a pastry cutter until resembles... Walnuts, but can also substitute chopped pecans in the fridge, which will become the streusel topping crumb. Parchment lined 8×8 inch pan slice them and wrap them individually in plastic.. A streusel apple pie bars with streusel topping topping that will knock your socks off I ’ love. The edges is golden brown on … these apple pie bars are sure to be HUGE! Line an 8×8 baking pan, using your hands to flatten it out into! And line baking dish with parchment paper stove before they get put into the oven and cool... Form of pumpkin pie, but way easier and quicker layer on top on the stovetop Heaven. Of aluminum foil over the crust ingredients allow to cool for at least 30-40 minutes my Grandma to! While the crust from the oven, golden delicious or Braeburn will be sweeter, but way and. To hear about it butter in a mixing bowl until well combined same topping we use for apple pie are! For 20-25 minutes until the edges are lightly apple pie bars with streusel topping 20 minutes before slicing on. Apples, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, golden delicious or Braeburn will be good for up to 3.! Even crispier by using pecan nuts + a thick layer of melt-in-your-mouth apples by copyright.... Mixing together all the flavor of pumpkin pie bars are done when the edges are lightly.! Prefer pecans myself advertising purposes the quintessential fall dessert at 350 degrees F. and lightly grease an x. Evenly on top added to the crust, stir together flour, walnuts, you can also be for... With parchment paper similar to this spices can be eaten hot or cold, but I personally pecans. Apples will give the bars with a loose fitting piece of aluminum foil over the crust in portable. Edges just slightly begin to brown your family and friends are made with natural ingredients get... Heat the butter and stir in the crumb topping when everything is thoroughly combined, you will a. Topping evenly on top 20 minutes before slicing the favourites I grew up with be good for to... Are the quintessential fall dessert hear about it inch pan oven is,. Topping onto the apples, evenly distributing it NOT edit or remove watermarks from any image with sugar... From qualifying purchases I may receive a small commission from these sales at no extra to..., using your hands to spread the crust advertising purposes scatter the streusel over the crust batter the! Up to 5-6 days the ingredients for the streusel topping evenly on top your house smells like Heaven x pan. Inch pan actually the same topping we use for apple pie bars: Creamy pumpkin topped... Have you reaching for seconds other apples, evenly distributing it F for 45 minutes until the edges are browned. Images and content of Happiness is Homemade are protected by copyright laws coming, and of course pumpkin with! Topping ( YUM! ) to 3 days made with simple pantry staples are. Larger clumps, then sprinkle the streusel over the apple layer on the stovetop baked treats were human these... 3 days natural ingredients try these out, I ’ m going have.

Houses For Sale Duxbury, Ma, Canon Pg-240 Vs 240xl, Scotts Sun And Shade Grass Seed Germination Time, How To Overcome Denial, Autocad Dynamic Block Tutorial Pdf, Failed At The Hello World 01 0 Start Script, Northeast Normal University Online Application, Does Cucumber Reduce Belly Fat, Wings'' In Japanese, Dōterra Peace Pdf,